Chapter 20

"Daniel?.." I whispered. He ran forward trying to reach out to me. A brown wolf jumped up and bit his hip. He fell to the ground with a loud thump.
   "You know Amanda" Beck said grabbing my forearm and spinning me to face him. "You really shouldn't be so trusting" he snarled at me.
"The world is a dangerous place" he pushed me down. I looked around, a shiny object caught my attention. A knife. It was attached to the hip of one of Beck's soldiers. I jumped up and ran through the soldiers and dead bodies. I knocked the guy to the ground and stomped on his chest I grabbed the knife. Beck turned around and yelled for his men to seize battle. He turned back to me and held out his hand. Silence.
"Amanda.." he whispered which in this silence sounded as a yell. "Take my hand. And all of the fighting will go away" I shook my head tears falling  down my face as I fell to the ground. He kneeled down to my level.
   "Aw Darling" he rubbed his thumb under my eye. "Don't cry." He tilted my chin up to look him in the eye. His eyes were red. His face was stone cold. He didn't have any emotion. The real Beck was gone. I bowed my head.
  "Beck... I'm.. I'm so sorry..." I looked up and stood up. I raised the knife. And threw it...

I missed...  He caught it.... His laughter rung through the air. He grabbed my hair and pulled me down to his feet.

   "I want you to remember Darling,  You deserve this." He cackled. He took the knife and stabbed my side.

The world fell into blackness. The last thing I heard was.

"AMANDA!"