Chapter 23

~~~~~~~JASPER'S POV~~~~~~~~

I looked around the small cottage in wonder, the house was tidy but at the same time it wasn't. Apothecary vials and glasses were littered across the shelves and cupboards, drying herbs were hanging upside down out the kitchen window, while soft whimsical music played in the background. 

Humming brought me out of my thoughts, I looked over to Alizon  to see her rummaging through a cupboard frantically. She finally stood up and huffed at me.

"Alright Jasper here is the deal" she looked me in the eyes "Once we finish the potion, and you give it to Amanda, you must bring her to me once she is healed" she said. I looked at her in confusion. She huffed in annoyance. "You will find out soon as to why she needs to come here" she clarified.

"Okay.. okay fine, I will bring her here. But, you must promise me she will be safe." I answered her. She sighed and looked down shaking her head.

"One thing you need to understand is Amanda is never safe till she finds her other half.." she whispered. 

"What do you mean her Other Half?! I am her mate! I am her Other Half!!" I yelled in anger. My eyebrows burrowed in confusion. I am her mate, she said so herself! What is she saying?

Alizon huffed angrily, she walked over and snapped me over the head. "Ouch!! What the hell was that for?!?" I snapped at her.

"You are Stupid! Of course you are her mate Dummy! I mean her Twin brother!, She was chosen by the Moon Goddess Selene, Which means another was chosen by the Sun God, Apollo." she huffed.

"But in the tales the Moon Goddess and the Sun God were lovers." I said. she rolled her eyes.

"True but, there are more than one meaning of the folklores Jasper, In one yes, they were lovers but, in this case they are brother and sister." She said. "You see, while born twins, they each had either the sun pendant or the moon pendant. Over time they grew the best of friends, for years they grew closer and closer. The older they got, the more they got separated by force. Until one day they were due to say goodbye until their fates met again. Every day at dusk or dawn the sun and moon get a small chance to see each other again." She smiled at me. "I know it seems so close to the love stories you've read but its different in it's own way. Amanda and her twin were separated at birth so they never new the other existed. But, recently I got a visit from someone and they told me where he is. I will only contact him when you bring her here." She said. I nodded and looked down.

"So.. the potion?" I asked. She jumped up seemingly to have forgotten about the cupboard she was once rummaging through.

"Yes.. yes. It's in here somewhere" she said as she picked through the pots and pans. "Ah ha! Finally!" She yelled excitedly and pulled out a small cauldron. She pulled the stick out of her jacket and pointed it at a hole in the ground. Suddenly a fire erupted from it, she picked up the cauldron  and placed it on the fire.

"Alright Jasper, hand me that pitcher of water" she pointed to the counter. I walked over and grabbed the pitcher.

"And now we will pour this in" she added the water to the pitcher. "Now we wait for it to boil" she said as she started to grab different herbs and liquids. I nodded and sat down on the shabby couch. I sighed. What are we gonna do?

Ugh why does everything have to be so difficult. I wonder how Amanda is doing..
=================================

A/N
I dont know the real story of the sun and the moon. I made this up to fit my idea of where I want the story to go. I'm excited for the story to take its next turn! Thank you all for reading!!