Chapter 15

3rd P.O.V.

The hunters were eating dinner.  All thoughts occupied with different things.

Thalia chatted quietly to Lady Artemis.

Suddenly, Artemis straightened, placing her bowl down quickly, "Hunters, to your positions!"

They were under attack.

As the ladies did as told, Tabitha, the newest huntress, looked around wildly. She wasn't used to the way the hunters worked. She felt terrified and alone now.

"Lady Tabitha," A smooth voice spoke just behind her.

The young girl spun around, seeing Haze kneeling, the mask's eyes dimmed ever-so slightly,

"Haze!"

The male tilted his head, looking over at the other hunters in time to see hell hounds and cyclops.

"I'm going to take you to Lady Artemis, okay?" He spoke gently. "Then I have to help your sisters. Is that alright with you?"

Tabitha nodded, tensing slightly when Haze lifted her up, since Haze didn't bring her to the hunters camp and she had a bad past with males.

Haze quickly made his way towards Artemis, kicking a hound in the snout as he went. He didn't want to risk flashing to the woman (which was basically traveling in a beam of light) because he wasn't sure how Tabitha's body would react.

"Lady Artemis," Haze put Tabitha down gently on a rock before standing up straight. "I have brought Lady Tabitha over and will now assist your hunters."

Before Artemis could say another word, the demigod was already running off.

Thalia swung her spear around, nailing a group of cyclopes in the stomach. She spun around a dracanae, placing her shield behind her and scaring a monster that tried to sneak up on her. Kicking her leg out, she sent another straight into Phoebe's dagger.

She was a blur of speed, slashing and stabbing, and storm of lightning. To the inexperienced hunters, she was the most amazing thing they had ever seen.   

"Sister!" Phoebe shouted, looking over at Thalia as she notched an arrow, "There's too many over here! We need to thin them out!"  

  "On it! Haze!"    

The guardian jumped over the girls, interlocking his hands and slamming it onto a cyclopes' head, effectively making a chain effect, sending others flying.

He moved to his hands, spinning his legs and nailing the other monsters in the side of their heads.   

"Ah!"   

Haze's head snapped over to the scream. One of the younger hunters were scraped and bloody, cowering under the tall form of a cyclopes. Before the other hunters could do anything, he ran forward and jumped over the girl.

He swung himself around the cyclopes, wrapping his thighs around his neck and snapping it. He used the shoulders to flip off the body before it turned into golden dust.  

  "Here, Lady Sabrina ," He handed her an ambrosia square, making sure she ate it, before running off again.  

  "Thank... You..." She whispered, looking at the direction he ran. She shook her head. She couldn't just sit here as her sisters fought. She was a hunter of Artemis.

Haze  was having a blast.    The guardian had felt angry and sad and stressed ever since the Half-Blood-Incident, as he likes to call it. Now, it was like these monsters were lining up just to get pummeled.