Chapter 6

"Why aren't I healing?" I ask Dylan as he rummages through the fridge.

"I'm sure you're fine Carter."

But I'm not. I'm hoping my theories about myself are wrong. But at the rate I'm at, I'm not getting better anytime soon.

"She's been home a little over a week and the wounds aren't closing." A new voice joins us in the kitchen.

Aunt Tessa walks up behind me and rubs my shoulder.

"She's fine." Dylan growles.

"And what if she's not?" My aunt retorts.

"Guys!" I snap.

"Look," my aunt walks in front of me.

Oh great. That's all I need, for these two to fight.

"I don't know what game your playing here Mace but it's not working. I don't trust werewolves as far as I can throw them."

"Aunt Tessa!" I gasp.

Their bickering was paused by the doorbell.

"I got it." I mumble.

I walk into the living room and swing open the door.

Holland leans against the door, sporting shorter hair. Also some shorts & a tank top.

"What? Come looking for Alex?" I snap.

Dylan instinctively wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"It's the Blondes." Holland hands me a newspaper.

The headline reads: "Three girls found dead in Lake Jasper."

"How do you know it's the blondes?" I raise an eyebrow. I haven't even seen

"Sadie's body was identified. All the girls were blonde. We both know they're always up each others ass."

I took a deep breath. "Come in."

"Taylor's... Dead?" Dylan's shock makes me squeeze his hand. To be honest I'm glad the whore is dead. She used Dylan.

And he didn't even notice.

"Remember when you skipped weapon preparation and went to harass Taylor?" Holland sat on the couch.

"You did what?" Dylan turns toward me.

"Nothing." I cringe.

"You went to a psyco's house to harass her by yourself?" He hissed at me.

"No. She went with Talia and Allison. That's my point. Carter you told me Allison threatened Taylor to talk by waving around a shot of ethambutol, right?"

I nodded.

"Ethambutol? Is she insane?!" Aunt Tessa hissed.

"My point." Holland eyed us. Oh great. The good news kept coming.

"All of the murder victims have been supernatural." She slapped multiple newspapers on the table.

Damen. Aiden. Becka. Mason. Two others that I didn't recognize.

"The two we didn't know, Cam and Allie Foster. Vampires."

"Wouldn't you know." Dylan mumbled. I elbowed him.

"But the last two victims happened to be human. Which means we could tell what killed them." Holland announced.

We waited for her to continue.

"The supernatural has an ability to rid medications. Werewolves burn them off for example. Anything that was in their blood was untraceable. Humans on the other hand..." "Get on with it." Aunt Tessa was being pushy. My stomach grew with anxiety.