Chapter 19

Dylan

"I'm madly in love with her, Ms. Evans." I clench my fists.

I feel my heart pounding in my ears. I had been so careless with Carter that I'd forgotten what it was like to be without her.

"Yes, I know that Dylan. But you need to stop this. Stop hurting her. I've never seen my daughter in so much pain until you guys started dating. Emma agrees. I mean, you guys are a perfect match, but you've got about a snowball's chance in hell if you think you'd last. You're constantly hurting her and leaving her. My daughter does not need that. She is going into collage next year."

"Yeah, so am I." I say harshly. Trying to get this through her head is impossible; this woman is immoral.

"Not my point. My point is, you hurt her."

I snort, "So did Mason."

"Yes but Mason's dead isn't he?" "That doesn't mean he was better for her than I was. I actually loved Carter. I do, love her."

"Frankly Dylan it is no longer an option of what you say."

I shake my head. "It's no longer an option you hold. We're not going to let anyone control us anymore."

"Us?" She scoffs.

"Us."

My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

"Carter."

She wasn't supposed to be here. She's supposed to be asleep in my bed, not standing here in my shirt. I had done my hardest to sneak out of bed without her knowing. I couldn't do this anymore. I had lied to Carter and she now knew about it. She seduced me; I wasn't thinking clearly!

"Why did you do this to me?" Carter yells at her mother.

"It was for the best-" "By lying to me?! That was for the best?! You let me believe I was crazy!"she screams at her mother.

"Carter-" "How could you do this to me?! Make him act like we never existed!"

"You would've been better off!" Ms. Evans spits harshly.

Carter shakes her head.

"I will never be better off without Dylan."

"Listen to yourself! You're a sixteen year old child who thinks she needs a man in her life to complete it!"

"Whoa, hold on a second." I intervene. "We're not dependent on each other in the way you think. I belong with Carter, for as long as humanly possible." I want to rephrase that statement seeing as we both are immortal, but that's not the point.