Chapter 8

A/N: Hey so blonde moment, no offense to blondes, but Carter & Dylan just turned 17, not 16. My bad. Carry on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why won't you show me what you got?" Dylan flopped on the bed. Caroline and Jesse had put us in a room in the 'east wing' of the mansion.

"Because." I state, as if it's a valid excuse.

"Come on babe, for me?" Dylan pouts. I quite enjoy his begging.

"No." I smile and close the door.

"Do you think this plan will work?" I ask. We had perfectly planned out everything over pizza less than an hour ago. I was already having second thoughts.

"I want to believe it will." He starts pulling off his sweatshirt, making it cling to his t-shirt. I nearly sigh, his body being breathtaking. Dylan's beauty is literally inside and out.

"And if it doesn't?" I ask, chewing on the inside of my lip. I had been doing that all throughout the explaining of the plan. It's almost raw now.

"I'll protect you. Okay? I promise." I nod, wanting to believe him. But what if he can't protect me?

What if he gets hurt? What if I get hurt?

"Here, you can sleep in this." Dylan goes over to his bag and tosses me his old Texas shirt.

I smile. It seems like forever ago I've work his clothes, on a happy occasion. When we first broke up I can't remember how many countless nights I spent crying on my floor in his shirts.

But this shirt was special. It's the shirt I'd wear when I just felt like wearing Dylan's clothes to school. Back when everything was normal. When things were simple.

Not wanting to walk down the hall to the bathroom, I pull off my shirt and put Dylan's on.

Dylan walks over and stops in front of me as I reach for my button of my jeans.

"God I've missed seeing you in my shirts." He mumbles quickly before he caresses my face and pulls me in.

Passion and burning, like it always was with Dylan. Never a dull touch.

"I really have missed," He nuzzled his head in my neck. "being able to do this." he panted, peppering kisses all along my jaw line.

A sigh escapes my lips.

God I've missed this too. I don't care if I dated someone else over the summer or not.

No one is ever going to make me feel like Dylan Mace does.