chapter 25 - something special

~your p.o.v~

I walked into the dingo, deciding I'd just relax here for a while. It was still pretty early and I didn't plan on going to the Curtis house quite yet.

I sat down in a random booth, already knowing what I wanted to order. I sat there, waiting for someone to come take my order.

As I was waiting I saw someone familiar walk through the door. My eyes widened as I saw Robert with a nasty bruise on his jaw.

"Shit." I muttered, sinking down in the booth. I quickly stood up, turning in the direction of the bathroom.

Right as I was about to go hide in the bathroom, I heard a low chuckle.

"Y/n Sheldon."

I clenched and unclenched my fists, slowly turning to face Robert.

"Where you running off to? You scared?" He had a dangerous smirk on his face. I knew that look. He was in a reckless mood.

"I'm not scared of anything." I stared into his eyes, putting on a tough front. He glanced down at my jacket.

"Well if you're so brave and not scared of anything why don't you sit back down?"

I hesitated for a moment. I just stared at him as he looked at me expectantly, almost as if he was waiting for me to crack under pressure.

Instead I gave him a sickeningly sweet smile and slid into the booth.

He sat next to me, causing me to tense up.

"Still wanna keep up the tough act?" He mumbled, noticing my discomfort. I scoffed.

"This isn't an act. You don't scare me, Rob." I snapped.

"Wow, you really are tough now, aren't you? Little Y/n's all grown up." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked, turning to him. He shrugged.

"Well, I just want to get even." He answered.

"Even, huh?" I rolled my eyes, leaning back in the booth with my arms crossed. "You played mind games with me for years, a little punch to the face hardly compares. In fact, I think it's me that wants to get even." I gave him a quick side glance.

"Mind games? I really got under your skin. I guess that's proof how much you thought of me." He whispered in my ear.

"Yeah, I used to think about you. But guess what, I don't need you anymore. You're nothing but trouble and you've proved that countless times." I tapped my fingers on the table impatiently. He scoffed.

"You sure you don't still think about me?" He asked, gently grabbing my chin and making me face him. My eyes widened slightly.

"Don't do this, Robert. I understand that you never had romantic feelings towards me in the old days but playing a game like this is just cruel." I mumbled, staring into his eyes.

"I'm not playing any games, babe." He breathed. I turned away from him, unsure of what I was feeling.

"Just beat it, alright? Get out of my head." I snapped. Any time Robert came around it's like he knew exactly what to do to grab my attention. It was as if he was casting a spell on me and he knew it.

Surprisingly he obeyed, and simply got up and left without another word.

I sighed, relief washing over me. I fiddled with my hands, trying to push away the thought of what just happened.

A waitress eventually made their way over to my table. I almost didn't notice her until she cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, miss?" She spoke up. I snapped out of my daze and looked up at her.

her way ✰ (dallas winston x reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara