Her || Before Them

WARNING: This chapter may contain sensitive topics and strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.
=
=
=
=
Her POV || (A few days before the announcement)

I stared outside of the cafe window as I waited for him. This was the same cafe where he introduced us to the guys.

My heart was beating rapidly against my chest as numerous thoughts flooded my mind.

I have something important to ask you. He said through the call less than 10 minutes ago, and of course, I came here as fast as I could.

My feet continuously tapped against the floor as my eyes wandered towards my bracelet.

I smiled, admiring it's beauty.

Taehyung was the one who gave it to me.

Speaking of Tae, what could be so important?

The bell chimed, causing my eyes to dart towards the entrance.

There he was, bent down a bit as he was trying to catch his breath.

Did he run all the way??

He stood up straight and immediately saw me. He smiled and ran over to my table, sitting in front of me.

"Thankyou, y/n... I know this was totally out of the blue... And it was actually unplanned." He chuckled in embarrassment.

I shook my head and gave off a smile. "Ani, it's you."

My heartbeat started to increase.

"I already ordered for us- same as always, right?" He nodded with his box smile.

"Waah! I finally get to eat again!... Sohee always controlled my diet..." He whispered the last part to himself, but I still heard it as clear as day.

"Y/N?" He suddenly asks and look at me. "N-ne?"

He took my hands in his as I watched him gulp, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he did.

He looks down.

I stared at his dark eyes and felt my heart melt.

Those warm and kind eyes...

"What is it?" I asked, we were already staring at eachother for a while now.

"Y/N... You were my bestfriend since childhood. You were always there by my side in good and bad times. You always tried to support me the best you can, and you know I'd always do the same for you."

My breath stopped. It was like bad thoughts suddenly appeared in my mind, clouding it.

"And before anyone else, I wanted to ask you first.

What do you think about me proposing to Sohee?"

So this is why he called me.

"Y/N?" He cupped my cheek with his warm hand.

"You don't need to ask me. You already know my answer. You already know that- In whatever you do, in every decision you make.. I'd always support you."

Ahh. Why does it hurt so much?

I placed my hand over his as he was still holding my cheek.

"Thankyou. I love you so much Y/N. Thankyou." He kissed my cheek gently.

When he backed away a bit and stared into my eyes, I couldn't stop my tears from falling anymore.

His expression changed drastically into a worried one.

"Ani," I shook my head and backed away.

"You're so grown up now, Tae tae! I'm so happy for you!"

I forced myself to smile the brightest I could but-

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

My heart clenched painfully against my chest and I found it so hard to breath.
=
=
=
=
(Present day)

I was the one who decided to support him- so why am I acting so pathetically right now?

"Y/N-AH!!!" I jolted up a bit in shock and quickly wiped away my tears.

"Ne?!" I looked down from the unfinished diving board we found here in the beach.

"Smile!" Taehyung held up Jin's pink polaroid camera towards me.

I smiled with my eyes closed, showing a peace sign.

"Done!"

I put my hand down and nodded.

"You sure you don't wanna come down?" Jimin asks from below.

I shook my head and smiled softly.

"Can I go up there now?" Taehyung asks for the hundredth time.

"No!" I jumped a bit in shock as I felt a voice from behind me. I thought my heart stopped.

"But I can!" I glared at Jin and playfully pushed him.

"Yahh!" His eyes widened and he held unto me tightly.

"Don't friggin do that!"

"Mianhae... Hehe." I laughed.

He sighed and let go, sitting beside me as we both faced the horizon now, ignoring the other guys' screams.

"You know, you shouldn't keep it inside."

I was taken aback at his statement.

"Don't deny it. Your eyes are puffy." He says.

"Jin, I'm okay. I think I've cried enough-"

I didn't even finish when I felt arms snake around my waist and hug me from behind.

"Can you stop being stubborn?"

Namjoon...

His arms tightened more around me. My vision immediately got blurry and tears trickled down my cheeks like a stream.

I'm so pathetic.

"Y/N..." Jin moved closer and hugged me as well.

"I'm sorry we couldn't do anything..." Jin's voice cracked. I shook my head and shifted a bit so I could hug both of them.

"Don't do this guys. Don't feel sorry. You didn't do anything. I'm the one who stupidly loves him." I smiled bitterly.

"Stop that, Y/N! Stop." Namjoon- he was crying?

I could feel my shirt getting wet.

Jin was also crying.

"Yahhh! What're you doing?!" We were interrupted by Taehyung's scream. It felt like the pain increased just by hearing his voice.

None of us answered as we all desperately tried to calm ourselves before someone came up here.

"Why don't we jump? Let's see who's the coolest one to dive." Jin suddenly suggests and pointed to the water.

I shook my head. "I don't know how to swim."

Both of them raised an eyebrow. "Then why did you want to come here? Alone?" Namjoon asks.

"I wanted to breathe. That's it."

I was such a bad liar, but somehow they were convinced. I smiled a bit.

They were concerned.

Who am I kidding? All of them were concerned of me.

What was I even thinking?