Yoongi || Scared of... Her

WARNING: This chapter may contain sensitive topics and strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.
=
=
=
=
Yoongi's POV

"She- what?" My eyes darted towards Hoseok, whose expression was obviously more... Unhappy than usual.

"She... Has Acute M-myeloid L-" He chokes out a sob and covered his face with his hands.

It can't be... She can't do this to us.

"Where's Tae-", "Hyung, no!" He looked at me. His bloodshot eyes looking at me pleadingly. "What do you mean?" I glared at him.

"Hyung- Y/N she-... Begged." He looked at Namjoon this time.

Only the three of us were here in the cafe, the others weren't 'invited'.

"What do you want to do?" Namjoon looks at us.

"I want her and Taehyung to be together, which is impossible..." Hoseok looks at me.

"I..." Want to be the one to make her happy.

My eyes got blurry from the tears as I tried to form a proper sentence. "... Want to spend time with her as much as possible."

I need to be with her while she's still here, I-I need to... I need Her.

My sleeping disorder was just starting to get better because of Her, I... Can't go back now.

"What about Jungkook and Jimin? They... Would be devastated..." Namjoon frowns. I quirked an eyebrow at him as I tightened my grip on the table.

"And you think we're not? Namjoon, you're fucking unbelievable!" I spat, causing him to flinch.

"Calm down Yoongi, cursing won't solve shit." I looked at Hoseok in shock. He was staring blankly at his coffee.

"We... Need to tell Mr. Soonyoung too."  Namjoon adds. I looked at him questioningly, "We aren't even sure if he's really her father-", Hoseok then looks into my eyes, "We secretly took a few strands of Y/N's hair and... Positive."

Positive...

"How will she... React?" I asked, looking at the two of them in confusion.

"Knowing Her... Anything could happen." Hoseok smiles sadly.

...

Acute Myeloid Leukemia...

Wherein your body produces more white blood cells, and those blood cells end up killing the red ones, eventually causing your body to collapse in the end...

What did she do to deserve this?

I couldn't sleep, and it was already 4:23am. My mind kept on coming back to Her.

I decided to get up and take a walk around town.

The sun was just about to come up and it was so quiet. Too quiet.

I let my feet take me wherever they wanted and I seem to be in the middle of train tracks.

These were the train tracks used to deliver goods from factories and other things...

What would happen then?

I'm worried.

I'm scared- no. I'm terrified.

I need to calm down- it was driving me crazy.

I shouted at the top of my lungs.

I needed to let it out. The fear that was consuming me. The fear of losing her, knowing that we will lose ourselves as well.

I fell on my knees as tears streamed down my face.

What the fuck happened to you, Min Yoongi?

Just because of a girl?

No, she's not just a girl... She's everything to us.

"WHY?! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HER?!" I screamed, my voice cracking as I felt my chest tighten too painfully.

I punched the ground, which apparently had broken glass. My fists started to bleed but I couldn't care less.

I punched it again, and again, and again, until I felt the glass pierce up to my bone.

"God!" I let out a sob and covered my face with my bleeding hands, mixing the blood with my tears.

I wanted to disappear.

Why can't it be me instead? Why can't I suffer instead?

She should live goddamnit! She should be there. For Namjoon, Seokjin, Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, me... And Taehyung.

She can't die. Nothing will be the same.

If... If only I-

"Hyung?" A voice appeared from behind me, making me wince in surprise.

I turned around, seeing Jungkook. "J-Jung-", "Hyung, what happened?!" He ran to me, kneeling down and checking my hands.

"Jungkook..."

The fuck Min Yoongi. You're older. Calm down damnit!

"H-hyung... Is it about Y/N?" A tear slipped down his big brown doe eyes as they stared at mine.

I nodded, "Jungkook... She's dying."

His eyes widened, hands dropping to his side as he blankly looked at nothingness.

"No... She can't... She's not! Hyung, you're lying! Y/N, she-" I hugged him tightly.

I needed to stay strong for him as well. It's my job.

"I know. Trust me, I know Jungkook."

I felt him hold his breath. He was trembling.

"Let it out. I'm here." He nodded slowly before bursting out into tears.

"Shhh..." I patted his back.

It was almost unbearable- this pain...

But I have no choice.