4 | "Are you okay?"

----Chapter  4---

Please do FOLLOW ME.

Here we go.

Sanjana pov:

There is nothing in our hands. The first and last chapter of our life are already decided by the almighty. The remaining few chapter should be filled by us.

Some chapters are filled with happy moments and others are filled with bitter moments. A sad smile came on my face thinking about the bitter moments of my life. I don't want this day to be bitter. I don't want to loose my Papa.

I'm in the car travelling to the hospital. Edwin came to pick me up from the airport.

"How is Papa?" I asked him in a crooked voice.

"Doctors are operating him. He is on his second surgery" he said looking at me through the mirror. Soon, we reached and I rushed into the reception. I was about to ask the receptionist but Edwin guided me towards the operation theater. My legs got paralyzed seeing the OT. I can't see my dad like this. I just can't.

I collapsed on the floor crying like a baby. Nothing should happen to him. Nothing.

"Mam, don't worry. He will be fine. It's just a minor surgery" I heard Edwin voice . I lifted my head and he was looking at me with concern. He helped me to get up and made me sit on the chair.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked after composing myself.

"They said that he is suffering Arrhythmia means his heart is beating very fast and that's the reason for a sudden stroke. They also said that Mr. Joshi should undergo two minor surgeries and he will be absolutely fine" he said in one go.

"Thanks for thanking care of him, Edwin. He is the only family I have" I said crying and Edwin took my hand into his.

"Mr. Joshi is a great person and he is like my father, Mam. I'm an orphan back then and your dad took care of me. He helped me with my studies and he did everything to me. In short, I'm nothing without him" he said smiling with sparkling tears in his eyes. You are great Papa.

"Mam, you might be tired. I'll get something for you to eat" he said breaking my train of thoughts and got up from his chair.

"Edwin, My name is Sanjana. I'll be happy if you call me like that" I said. He was about to speak but I cut his sentence.

"If my papa is like a father to you then I'm a sister to you, Edwin. You are my brother" I said and he smiled.

"Okay, Sanjana. I'll get something for you to eat" he said and left. I leaned back on to the wall and closed my eyes for a second. I prayed to the God that papa should be fine. Suddenly, I heard a click sound. I opened my eyes and I saw doctors walking out from the OT.

"Doctor!!" I called him and he removed his mask.

"How is Papa?" I asked him gulping my tears.

"You are Miss. Sanjana Joshi right?" he asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, the surgeries went well and there is no threat for him" he said smiling and I released my breath which I was holding from a long time.

"I want to see him" I said wiping my tears with my knuckles. I can't wait anymore. I just want to see him once.

"You have to wait for some more time. He is unconscious. I'll inform when he opens his eyes" Doctor said and I nodded my head. He left the place and I sat there waiting for papa to open his eyes. Soon, Edwin joined me and he brought sandwiches for me.

"I'm not hungry" I said in a crooked voice. I'm not in a mood to eat. I want to talk to my papa. That's all I want.

"No Sister. You should eat" he said smiling. It really made me happy as I heard him calling me sister. I smiled at him and took the sandwich. I have my food and he went to consult the doctor. Later, I was informed that papa is shifted to a room and he came into conscious. A happy smile came on my face after hearing those words. Edwin took me to the room and I stood at the entrance looking at my papa.