24 | "Time changes people"

Here we go..

-----Chapter 24-----

Sidharth Pov:

"I'm not a stalker like someone" I said. This time I have raised my voice. Her eyes turned red. She was fuming in anger.

"He is my friend too. That's why he hugged me. You might have even noticed his fractured hand and wounds on his face. He met with an accident and was admitted in hospital. Yesterday, I was in the hospital taking care of him. That's the reason why I was late" she said in one go and turned towards the stairs. I was in shock for few minutes. Did I misunderstood her?

"Obviously yes" my heart said. I cleared my thoughts and lifted my head but she was no where. She must have gone to her room. I thought. I did a mistake. I hurted her unknowingly. 

My words started to echo in my ears. Damn!! I even made her cry. I should have at least given her a chance to explain. I took the stairs and made my way towards her room. I should apologize her. I thought. I took a deep breathe and knocked the door but there is no response. I did it again and there is no response. Where is she? I was thinking but I heard a voice from my back side.

"Ahem!!" she cleared her throat and I turned towards her. She raised her eyebrows and waited for me to speak. I don't know why but I felt dumb all of a sudden. My voice got stuck in between. 

"What??" she asked as I was trying to get some strength to speak.

"Nothing!!" I just replied looking here and there. This is the only word that got into my mind.

"They what are you doing here? huh?" she asked folding her hands. 

"Umm.... just came to check upon you" I replied.

"There is no need for that. I can take care of myself and I don't want to create any trouble for you. You have a hell lot of things to concentrate and I'm damn sure that I'm not in your list" she said in a sarcastic way.

What happened to her? 

"And I want to tell you one thing" she said and looked straight into my eyes. Her eyes were tired and she looked dull. 

"You may think that I'm still that idiot stalker who used to send you some stupid notes but hell no. Time changes people, Sidharth. I'm not the same girl you once knew"

"Do you know why I send those notes?" she asked and her voice was shacking. 

"Because I'm scared to face you. Even today, I was so scared of your reaction so I sent you an apologizing note. I never thought that my notes irritated you" she said with a fake smile. God!! my words must have hurted her a lot.

"Anyways, thanks for making me realize my mistake" she said and walked towards the her room and closed the door on my face.

"See, what you have done? Do something?" my brain said and I cleared my thoughts. I know what to do and will do it when the time comes. I thought. I went to my room and took a quick shower. Later, I went down and walked towards the kitchen. I saw my maid cooking some food. 

"Where is Sanjana?" I asked her as I didn't find her in the hall.

"She is still in her room, sir" maid said and I decided to go and call her for dinner. Sid, this is the right time to make things right. You hurted her and you got a chance to apologize her. I thought. Suddenly, I heard a door bell. Who is that? I thought and walked towards the door. I opened the door and it was Nihaar. 

"Bhai!!!" he shouted in excitement and crashed me with a hug.

"I missed you" he whispered in my ears. What? It just been 48 hours and this guy is missing me.