Ch.10 Too Much Worrying

I'm currently sitting in the infirmary, next to my sleeping twin. Dazai helped me carry everyone back for treatment. I haven't left Atsushi's side since. I worried non-stop for a full day to gone by without me evening knowing it. Dr.Yosano told me I should be doing something else to distract myself, but I didn't leave my twin's side. Yosano Akiko is the doctor here at the Armed Detective Agency. She's the lady I met that night, when Dazai took us in, at the warehouse.

She has a supernatural ability too. Her ability is called "Thou Shalt Not Die". It's a rare healing ability that allows her to heal external wounds. However, to heal someone, they must first be "half-dead"; meaning they must have fatally serious injuries before she can use her ability. Due to this, her ability is inconvenient for healing minimal wounds since she needs to fatally injure that person first. So Dazai advised me to not get injured. Which I totally understand.

Anyway, I was playing with a moon-shaped necklace around my neck as I try to distract myself. Dazai gave this to me last night. I thought I lost it years ago. But he had it all along. I can't help but feel a little bit happier. Dazai gave this to me the first night we met, many years ago. It's important to me because of what's inside of it.

"Are you still waiting?"

I look towards the door to find Kunikida.

"...Yes. I know I shouldn't worry...but his my twin. Sorry..." I sadly spoke.

Kunikida just stares at me. Then he grabs a chair, from the hallway outside, and places it next to me. He sits and begins reading his journal. I look at him confused.

"I'm not worried about him, or you. I just thought staying in here, without any company, could be boring."

A small smile forms on my lips

"Thank you...Kunikida-san."

He looks over at me, then nods, before returning his gaze back to his book. I let out a long yawn.

"...Did you sleep last night?"

"...No."

"...There's an extra nursing bed over there. Go to sleep. I'll let you know when he wakes up."

"Okay... Thank you for going through the trouble." I replied as I stand.

I walk over to the second bed and lay down.

"It's not that much trouble." he mutters to himself.

"What was that?"

"N-Nothing! Just don't cause trouble for anyone or the agency in the future."

"Okay...I promise. Night...or morning, or whatever you say during this time of day."

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

Kunikida watches over the both of us as we sleep.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

I'm suddenly woken up by the sound of talking. I choose to pretend to sleep so I can heard the conversation. It was Kunikida and Atsushi.

"I've heard, kid."

"Heard what?" Atsushi questioned.

"About the seven billion bounty the black market has on your head."

"Huh?"

"Seven billion... You've moved up in the world. No wonder the mafia are losing it over you."

"Seven billion? So that's what it was all about..." Atsushi thinks to himself.

Then I hear him panic.