Ch.16 Kunikida's Informants

"Dazai, brat, stop lagging behind. Move it."

"Okay~." Dazai and I answered.

"We only have two minutes and fifteen seconds until our meeting." Kunikida informed us.

"Oh no, the end of the world~." the two of us replied.

This pissed Kunikida off. He glares at us as he and Atsushi continued to walk ahead.

"And stop talking in unison!"

"No." we replied.

He grumbles to himself as he faces forward.

Kunikida, Atsushi, Dazai and I were currently walking through some dock area with warehouse filled with cargo. Kunikida said we're meeting with someone. But he didn't tell us who.

"Is it really okay for Shiori and I to come along?" Atsushi speaks up.

"This is part of your guys' training. We're investigating a series of missing persons incidents here in Yokohama."

"Visitors to Yokohama have been going missing one after another, right?" Atsushi questions.

"We got a tip from an anonymous source... Apparently, the victims are abducted and imprisoned in a specific location." Kunikida explains.

"An anonymous tip. I can't help but adore how shady that sounds." Dazai says as he folds his arms behind his head.

"Yeah, totally shady." I add as I do the same as we walked.

"Even so, we can't ignore it either."

"Are we going to investigate the location?" my twin asks.

"No...we investigate the tip first." Kunikida answers as we reach a metal door.

We head inside and walk down some metal stairs. It was almost pitch black in here. The only light source was from a bunch of computers, that was lined up in a circle, in the middle of this underground lair. In the middle of that circle sat a huge fish tank with a huge fish in it. Standing by the tank was a boy in his teen years.

The boy had shortly cropped, brown hair and brownish-gold eyes. He wore a light blue button up under a thick, white knitted sweater with the sleeves pushed up. He also had a brown bracelet on his left wrist. His attire consists of tightly fitting, dark green pants with the right pant leg partially rolled up. Lastly, he had white high top sneakers.

"Any luck, hacker?" Kunikida questions the kid as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

The kid looks back at us with a smirk.

"Hey, four eyes. Still obsessing over your diary?"

"Should an illegal hacker really be talking tough to a detective agency? What would your late father think if you got arrested?" Kunikida asks.

Oof...that pissed the kid off.

"Don't you dare mention his name." he coldly warns.

Atsushi and I look at each other before returning our gaze. Did Kunikida adopt a child? Is he a father?!

"Anyway, it's not like you to be late. Out on a date or something?"

...I like this kid.

"No. I'm only going to go on dates with a certain woman. It's written in my journal that we will marry in six years."

"...Wait, what?" I asked.

"You have someone you're going to marry, Kunikida-san?" Atsushi questions.