Ch.9 Waiting For A Sign

I can't believe this was the important mission! I'm so pissed right now!

Right now, I was sitting at my desk...doing Dazai's paperwork! He lied to me! I never remembered him being this carefree and lazy. Dazai was laying on the sofa, listening to some suicide song. Not being able to take his happy face, I pick up the stack of papers, and walk over to him.

I drop the large pile on his stomach, causing him to stop humming and open his eyes. He smiles at me.

"Yes, Ori-chan?"

"Remind me, how is paperwork a life or death situation?"

"You're saving me from death by boredom."

"Thought you liked suicide?"

"Yes, but suicide by boredom is boring."

Yeah, no duh.

"I know this is an insane idea, but hear me out. Maybe, and just maybe, start doing your own work."

"I agree."

I sigh in relief. But then, Dazai hands me back the pile.

"That idea is insane."

"How about you do me that favor, and do your own work."

Dazai reopens one of his eyes and looks at me with a smirk.

"Do you really want to waste my favor, on that?"

Dammit! He's right! If I waste that favor now, I can't screw with him later. Did he plan this? If I use my favor, he gets out of me embarrassing him later on. But if I don't do it, I have to do his work because he's my superior. And I have to listen to him. He totally knew I would want to use my favor. Argh!

Dazai sits up and takes the pile of paperwork.

"Well if you want that favor-"

I quickly snatch the pile back.

"N-Nope! I can finish it."

He grins, and lays back down while closing his eyes.

"Thank you, Ori-chan~."

"..."

I sigh and go back to work.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Okay, I finished. Yay.

I place the last pile of work on Dazai's desk, which is to the right of mine. It took a little while, but it's all done. Now to tell the fool I'm done. I stand and look over towards Dazai. He was still on the sofa. Kunikida was standing over him, annoyed. He takes the headphones off him.

 "Why don't you do some work, instead of slacking off."

"Ori-chan has that covered. And besides, I'm busy waiting for a sign."

"Wait! That was her training?! Doing your work?!"

"Yep. And she finished too, right, Ori-chan?" Dazai looks over to me.

What? How'd he know that?

"Um, yeah, I've finished."

"That wasn't training! You took advantage of her! I shouldn't have listened to you. Now she needs to go on a proper miss-" 

"Ori-chan doesn't need training. I know she's going to be fantastic at this job without it. Besides, if she's ever stuck, which I doubt, I'll help her."

"She's better off coming to me then you... What sign are you waiting for?"

"Don't know. But I will once I've received it."