Ch.18 The Ideal Woman

"Ow~...that hurts, Dazai-san. Be gentle."

"Sorry, I'm trying my best."

It's the morning of the next day. Dazai, Sasaki and I were currently sitting in the infirmary. Sasaki was sitting up in one of the nursing beds, watching us. Dazai and I sat in chairs next to the bed. Dazai was wrapping my hand with a roll of bandages. He changed the old bloody ones, from last night, with new ones.

"You're luckily you didn't cut yourself to deep. Otherwise, you would need stitches. This will heal in no time."

"I don't care about me right now. I couldn't stop Kunikida's face from being in the newspaper today... I should of noticed the camera earlier."

I've been kicking myself all morning because of this. Dammit, I'm still useless. And my necklace is still missing. This is just great. Dazai looks at my defeated face.

"Here, I'm done."

His hands leave mine as I examine his handy work. He really is good at this.

"Thanks..."

"...Oh, I found this."

I look up and he instantly caught my attention. Dazai was holding up my necklace.

"You found it... W-Where was it?!"

"By the entrance of the hospital. You must of dropped it when you ran in."

I instantly hug him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Let me put it on."

I face away from him as he puts in back on. I feel much better now.

"Okay. It shouldn't fall off again."

I turn around and hug him again.

"Okay, I owe you a favor. Don't care what it is."

He instantly becomes happily.

"Can we do a double suicide-"

I punch him in the gut.

"Anything but that, okay? You get this for free."

I kiss his cheek before pulling away. Sasaki giggles as she watches us. We look at her confused.

"I'm sorry. You two are just so cute together. Are you dating?"

I instantly become red in the face as Dazai smiles.

"N-No! W-W-We're just friends!" I wave my hands back and forth.

"You two seem more then just friends." she smiles.

"N-No! I-It's not like that!" I protest.

I'm beyond flustered right now.

"We're close friends. You can say, in a way, childhood friends. We kind of grew up together." Dazai calmly explains.

"Oh, I see."

I calm myself down.

"But if Ori-chan wants to become more than just friends, I wouldn't mind."

That's it. I grab him and throw him at the door. But just as I throw him, the door opens. Dazai ended up colliding with Kunikida and Atsushi. I smile.

"Oh look at that, I knocked out two birds with one stone, or this case, one Dazai." I giggle to myself.

They climb to their feet. Kunikida stomps up to me, pissed.

"Why are you throwing idiots at us?!"

"Like I knew you would walk through that door." I replied.