Chapter 4 - Long Evening

Lily Dornan

"What? Are you serious?" Sonia shouted at top of her lungs.

"Jesus... Sonia you're going to make me deaf one day." I said as I kept my hands on my ears preventing more harsh voices from entering my ear drum.

"Like really? Carter wants to marry you?" Sonia asked with a big smile on her face.

"For the nth time, yes." I said as I tried to hide a smile but failed miserably.

"I'm so happy for you." Sonia said and threw her arms around my neck.

"Thank you." I said as I hugged her back.

"But are you happy?" She asked as she pulled away with a serious expression.

"I guess.. yes. I will get to do something for dad and also Carter doesn't seem so bad." I said with a smile as assurance.

"Believe me, Carter will treat you as a Queen. I really think, no I know, Carter likes you a lot." Sonia said. I gave a smile as assurance.

"Come on let's get your things packed." Sonia said and I agreed.

Carter is coming to pick me up later today and also will talk to dad about our marriage.

Carter sent Sonia to my house earlier today after dad and Rihanna left, to help me pack my things. I told her everything that happened yesterday after she left and she is very happy for me as well as Carter. I made some lasagna for the both of us. We had our lunch and I kept the rest in the fridge.

We watched some YouTube and then came here, to my room to start with the packing.

Clothes, some jewellery, some makeup and few shoes is all I had in my small closet. It took only a bag to pack all my things.

I had a lot of different books in my room which made another bag. I had books of different subjects. There were books on politics, travel, animals, general knowledge, science, cultures around the world etc. And then there were books which had my writings. I had 3-4 books which were full of small poems, lines or paragraphs about different things.

I and Sonia were so engrossed in packing we didn't notice it was evening already. The doorbell rang and I climbed downstairs to open the door.

I opened the door to be greeted by a mesmerising pair of blue eyes. Yes, it was Carter.

"Hi." I said and instead of replying he pulled me in a hug. I hid a small smile as I hugged him back. What is this man doing to me?

"You're ready?" He asked as I pulled away.

"Almost but dad isn't home."

"No problem. Let's get your things. Sì?"

"What's 'si'?" I asked as I walked inside the house with Carter following me.

"In Italian it means 'yes'." He answered patiently.

I smiled at him and he returned the gesture. We walked back to my room where Sonia finished zipping the second bag.

"Look who's here." Sonia said as she walked and hugged Carter.

He smiled and returned her hug.

"Correct decision, Woodwords." Sonia said as she pulled away.

"I know." Carter said as he wrapped a firm hand around waist pulling me closer to him. He kissed my temple and I blushed furiously.

Sonia flashed a genuine smile towards us and exited my room leaving us alone.

"I can't thank you enough." Carter said making me smile.

"Please stop doing that." I said as I walked away and started finding something imaginary on a nearby table. This was just a way to hide my already red face from Carter.

A pair of strong arms were placed on either side of me, on the table trapping me. A familiar scent of sandalwood enveloped me and it didn't took me a genius to know that it was Carter. How the hell is he so quiet?

"Don't hide from me, Flower." Carter said and spin me around.

I was taken aback and as a reflex my hands landed on his well built chest. I blushed again due to the closeness between us. Carter lowered himself and placed a kiss on my neck. He inhaled my smell and raked his nose up my neck towards my ear. I was literally melting in the feeling.

"You're mine flower, just as much as I'm yours." He said in a husky and authoritative tone.

The doorbell rang for the second time that day.

Carter kissed my cheek and we made our way out of the room. We were halfway downstairs when I heard my Dad's voice. He was very angry on God knows what but his scream sent a fearful chill down my spine. I think Carter took notice of that as he wrapped a firm hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him and smiled at me. I returned his smile as I relaxed under his touch. His gesture surely gave me some relief.

We walked further down and came face-to-face with my dad. His eyes went on Carter's hand which was on my waist.

"You started your ways. What did you do to make him marry you?" He asked me but I didn't answer. I looked down. I knew he was going to insult me and call me names but then again, it's an old habit.

"Answer me, you whore." I heard my dad say and Carter's grip on my waist tightened. I looked up at him to see his jaw clenched.

"Call her that once more, I fucking dare you." I heard Carter say.

"What?" My dad asked and I knew it's going to be difficult to convince him.

"Sit." Carter said as he pulled me towards the sofa and sat with me beside him and his hand still firmly around my waist. I don't know about him but that gesture of his, gave me strength and lessened my fear.

Dad walked up to us and took a seat in front of us. Sonia sat next to me, silence wrapping the room.

"I know I have a debt on you. You may marry my daughter..." dad started but Carter didn't let him finish.

"... and I would like to accept Lily's hand in marriage. She will shift with me at my house tonight and our marriage is in 3 months." Carter cut him in between and dad's face turned red with anger.

Oh boy,it's going to be a long evening.