Chapter 35 - Where I belong...

"Beach house" by Chainsmokers 💝☝🏻

Lily Dornan

After my so called reconciliation with Carter, he gave me a ride to my apartment.

I still cannot believe he's here with me. He told about what all went down with Racheal after I left, how she denied to marry him, how Mrs. Woodwords convinced her to agree in marrying Carter, how he spent his 8 months drinking or either working way too much. He does have some bags under his eyes and has grown much facial hair but I'm not complaining he looks good in that stubble.

I didn't notice I was looking at Carter and smiling, who by the way was sitting next to me. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. I smiled and shook my head lightly. He doesn't know how much I've missed him too. I smiled once again at him. He casually kept a hand on my stomach and I smiled at his simple gesture. Honestly, I feel bad that I kept him from his child for 8 months but I'm gonna make it up to him for that.

We talked about what all happened here in Boston. Me finding out about my pregnancy, joining college and I also told him everything about Nathan. I very strictly denied his proposal. Me and him is impossible. We're still on talking terms but it's still awkward.I didn't tell anyone but I was literally, utterly disgusted by just picturing us together as a couple. I giggled at the thought.

"I missed your giggles, Flower." Carter huskily said in my ear sending a cold shiver down my spin. I bit my lip and I looked outside the window.

This son of a biscuit.

He knows very well how to make me go mad just by a sentence.

He kept a hand on my thigh very near to my core. I tensed up a bit on this and cleared my throat. He didn't remove his hand so I started looking out of the window when a thought from earlier came across my mind.

I was just wondering, I'm his ex-wife? Or girlfriend? Or baby mama? I didn't really want to bring that topic up but now that my brain has popped that question up, I'm gonna ask it away.

"Carter," I said gaining his complete attention.

"Yes, flower." He answered with a smile.

I smiled at him and continued, "I don't wanna sour your or mine mood right now but I really wanna know the answer to this question."

"Go ahead." He said nodding his head.

"What are we? I mean I'm your ex-wife? Girlfriend? Baby Mama? What am I?" I buy my tongue once I completed the sentence. I really just had to bring the topic up.

"Hmm. That question reminds me to do this." He said and started searching for something in his pocket.

He took out a blue velvet box from his pocket.

"Lily Dornan, will you marry me? Once again?" He said opening the box to reveal my marriage ring. I don't know why, this just welled a fresh set of tears in my eyes.

"Yes, a thousand times yes." I said and he took my left hand in his. He slipped the ring back on my finger and kissed it.

I launched myself into his arms and cried my heart out. He happily wrapped his arms around me and carresed my hairs.

.

.

.

.

We shortly pulled to my apartment. I took the keys to the front door out from my bag and unlocked it.

As soon as I swinged the doors open, I want met with happy faces of Amelia, Zack, Nathan, Alec and Jessica.

"Congratulations." They shouted in unison. I smiled at them and invited Carter in.

All the smiles turned into confused etched lines on their forehead, except for Jess. She knows Carter.

"Guys this is Carter." I said and and everyone faked a smile except for Nathan. He walked towards me with anger filled eyes, glaring towards Carter.

"What are you doing here? Stay away from Lily." Nathan said keeping a hand around my shoulder.

I'm damn sure Carter wouldn't have liked this. I tried shoving his hand off of my shoulder but he tightened his grip a bit.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" Carter replies in a warning and calm tone. How does he does that?

"I'm his finacè." Nathan said and Carter barked a bitter laugh which was mocking Nathan.

"Nathan, you'll wanna run before I say 'Italian Mafia'." Jess said and this time I busted out laughing, followed by others.

Nathan stormed off in anger. Where's the ice cause that sure did burn him.

"He'll come around." Alec said casually.

"Hi, I'm Jessica Williams. I hope you don't mind the Mafia thing I earlier said." Jess said extending her hand towards Carter.

Carter took her hand saying, "Carter Woodwords. And no I don't mind. By the way thank you for taking care of Lily." He said with a small smile.

"It's all good. She's a lovely woman." Jess said keeping a hand on my shoulder and giving Carter a smile.

I introduced everyone to Carter. They were glad to know that after what all happened, things were good and peaceful now.

"Guys, by the way, we're engaged. Again." I announced with a smile showing them my ring.

"Congratulations." Everyone once again said and hugged me and shook hands with Carter.

"Lily, we're very happy for you and just came by to congratulate you but now we should." Amelia spoke for everyone and they made their way out of the house.I waved everyone off including Jessica. She's staying with Alec tonight which means I and Carter are alone tonight in the apartment.

I closed the back door and met with my favourite smile. I walked up to him, smiling myself and hugged him. I can't believe I'm in his arms again.

In his arms is where I belong.