Chapter 10 - I couldn't help but..

I though of writing it in Narrator's POV because writing this chapter in anyone's (Lily or Carter) POV wouldn't describe the other ones feelings properly.

Narrator's POV

Katherine untied the band on Lily's eyes. She was shocked to see herself standing before the aisle at a church. The church was filled with people. Men dressed in black and white suits while ladies had beautiful gown on. Everyone's eyes were on Lily. She felt utterly surprised. It slipped out of her mind that since 3 months have been passed since she shifted to Pericoloso Mansion and her engagement with Carter, now is the time they finally tie the knot.

"Why wasn't I aware of this?" The question which was continuously ringing in her mind found it's way to her tongue.

"Because Carter didn't want you to take all the load. Moreover he wanted it to be a surprise for you. All the arrangements are done according to you. The ladies inquired you about your wish sometime ago indirectly and then we all planned this." Evan said clearing all the confusing questions in Lily's mind.

"So I'm getting married now." Lily said as realisation stuck her.

"Unless you decide to ditch him at the altar." Katherine joked to release some tension from her. Lily mumbled a little 'no' and smiled at her.

Two kids walked towards Lily and handed her a black box and a bouquet of flower.

Lily was supposed to hold the bouquet while walking down the aisle

Lily was supposed to hold the bouquet while walking down the aisle. It went so well with her dress. The flowers smelled so refreshing.

She handed the bouquet to Katherine temporarily. She took the box from the little boy's hand and opened the box. It was filled with red and white flowers. Roses to be precise. It also had a chit.

"Hope you liked the surprise. The red flowers indicated my love for you and the white are the ones that indicate my promise to you. I promise to love you and protect you from all the bad things in the world. I'll protect you with my life till my last breath. Also no need to say it back. I know you love me too. - Carter."

She smiled so hard that her cheeks started paining.