Chapter 25 - New Life

Lily Dornan

"Turn your books to page 69,"I said and the students comply.

Yes, I'm a teacher now.

"Read the 3rd para and answer the question given in the paper. You will be given 2 minute to complete the para so hurry." I said and they started reading the para.

Shortly they were done with the para and raised their hands handing me their papers. I collected the papers and kept them in the folder. Just then the bell rang indicating the conclusion of the day at school.

"Goodbye everyone. Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to complete the homework." I said and all of them literally ran out of the class with happy smiles and cheerful laughs on their faces. I smiled at seeing the children. I walked to the staff room and kept the things in my locker.

"Hey Mrs.Woodwords," I heard Amara say.

Yeah, I still use that surname. But it's just to keep the flirts away. No feelings attached. I guess. I have finally decided to let go of my past. Sure I do miss that life. Terribly to be honest but I can't do anything about it now can I? I haven't heard of any news regarding his marriage to Rachel or shockingly of our divorce. Well, let's just say Andy did his work well. Andy handles paparazzis well.

"Hello, Mrs. Marshall. How are you today?" Amara is a biologist and is a good friend of mine. She is around my age but we call each other by our last names just for fun.

"Firstly I'm not Mrs. Marshall." She said pouting.

"Yet." I added.

"Lily, we have 10 months before the wedding. Why call me Mrs. Marshall from now." She said shoving her books in her locker.

"I don't mind." Zack entered the staff room with three cups of coffee in his hands.

Zack and Amara got engaged 2 months ago.

Zack is a lawyer and a successful one. Zack daily comes to pick Amara up. Love. I sighed at the thought and packed my things in my bag.

"Of course you don't." Amara said rolling her eyes and grabbed the coffee glass from Zack's hand. She handed me mine and I took a sip. It was our daily order. Lattè with extra crème.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" Amara asked as we started walking towards the parking area where Zack's car is parked.

"What's tomorrow?" Zack asked opening the door to his car and keeping his briefcase and Amara's bag in the backseat.

"Today's a Friday. It's a holiday till Tuesday. Let's go out tomorrow night for dinner and then we'll go to our favourite club." Amara said with hopeful eyes.

"When can I deny those eyes." Zack said kissing Amara's cheek.

"What about you?" Zack asked me.

"Think I'll pass." I said with a shrug.

"No no no. You're coming." Amara insisted.

"I'm a little tired." I said giving her a lazy smile.

"Come on. I'll Invite Nathan and Alec. You bring Jessica along with you." She gave me her puppy eyes and I agreed. I had to. No one can deny those eyes. Nathan and Alec are I and Jessica's neighbours.

.

.

.

.

Back at my apartment I changed into grey pjs and a yellow tank top.

I went to the kitchen and started preparing food for tonight.

I live here with Jessica. She's the owner of the house and I met her 2 weeks ago when I moved here to Boston.

Yes, I live here in Boston now. I guess this the only place where Carter wouldn't be able to find me. At least for some time. I don't want to go through all the pain again.

I'm thankful enough for Sam to help me get a job at 'Boston High' as an English teacher. Sam being the powerful business man asked the principal to provide me with the job. Let's just say he couldn't deny.

Only Sam and Sonia know where I am and I trust them enough for not busting my bubble. I'm not saying I'm taking advantage of Sam's reputation. I'm good at my job and I do it with honesty and dedication. It's just that I had to do something to have a new start.

The door bell rang indicating someone's at the door. I looked at the clock. It was 7. I wonder who It'll be.

I opened the door to see Jessica. she was standing there with looking at me with those big blue eyes of her. She had her blonde hair tied into an attractive updo.

"You're early today." I said giving her a side hug.

"Yup. You're lucky." She winked at me and I laughed at that.

She handed me two jars of fresh flowers. Did I mention? She's the owner of 'Cupid's Arrow' a wedding planning company which is very successful.

She sometimes bring some flowers home with her. They smell nice and it lightens our mood. She has an obsession with flowers. She has 3 books in which she has information about different rare spices of flowers.

We have lot of small pots of plants and flowers scattered around the apartment which also smell nice.

"Dinner's ready. Whenever you're hungry call me." I said walking towards my room. Jessica doesn't cook often. She doesn't like cooking. She'll order something if hungry but will rarely enter the kitchen.

"Okay." I heard her reply and I fell on the bed closing my eyes.

The image of glittering pair of blue eyes flashed through my mind. My mind slowly drifted to the owner of those ocean blue eyes.

Those eyes.

They were the first thing I fell in love with. I sat up straight on my bed and started at the ring on my right hand.

My promise ring.

Watching the ring brings back his words onto my ears.

'The ring reminds me of you.'

How I wish I'd me with him right now. But, I can't. It's for our own good that we stay away from each other. Jessica suggested once that I take the ring off but I can't. It's a habit of mine to wear it everyday at all time.

Some habits are bad but they give a strange peace to the heart.

This is one such habit of mine. Speaking of habits, I have stopped writing anything in my diaries or journals. My old journals are back in New York at the Pericoloso Mansion. I purposely didn't want to bring them here.

Jessica knows everything that went down with me. But only she does. Others know I'm divorced but don't know the true reason. I just said that we didn't hit it off well.

Sighing, I lied down in my bed once again. Life isn't always easy but I guess this is my new life.