Chapter 7 - Shy

Lily Dornan

It took me some time to register what was happening but as soon as I did, well, let's just say it seemed unreal. I closed my eyes and the feelings just got stronger.

Yes, Carter was kissing me. He took away my first kiss. My brain couldn't think straight with his proximity. He was so close to me. His scent which was intoxicating, his hands which were wrapped around my waist and his lips which were working so professionally against my own. This all just seemed unreal.

I broke my chain of thoughts and wrapped my arms around his soft brown locks. I don't know when but I found myself kissing him back automatically.

I broke the kiss due to the lack of breath. Carter started showering small kisses on my jawline and then on my neck. I raked my hands through his soft hair enjoying the feelings. Honestly, I was very foreign to this feeling but it did feel very right. It felt like I belong here. I belong with Carter.

I kept both my hands on his cheeks. I bought his face at my level and pecked his lips lightly.

I blushed at my own actions and hugged him tightly. I heard him laughing lightly which made me smile. He gladly wrapped his hands around me and spinned me lightly.

"Why are you being so shy, Flower? I'm your husband." Carter stated as I broke the hug and looked into his eyes. He was still holding me close to him with his firm hands around my waist.

"I know. But I'm just a little shy. I'll open up, trust me." I said smiling.

"I do and it's completely fine. Just know that I'm here with you always. Never doubt my feelings." He said and brushed a small strand of hair out of my face.

"I won't." I said confidently and once more cupped his face and pecked his lips.

He smiled at me which I gladly returned.

"Freshen up and then we'll just talk a little, sì?" He said and I nodded.

I tried walking towards the bathroom but he did not move his hands from my waist.

I frowned at him playfully. He kissed my cheek once more before letting me go.

I walked towards the couch where my bags were suppose to be but they aren't here.

"Carter?" I said lightly.

He was walking towards the couch on the right side of the room. I'll call that couch as sitting area and the one near the bed as couch.

He stopped and turned towards me.

"Yes, Flower?"  I smiled at the nickname and he himself broke into a small one.

"Where are my bags?"

"Your books are in the library at the house. Your personal books are in the drawer by your bedside and your clothes have been already kept in our closet."

'Our' closet.

"Ohk." I said and made my way to the walk-in closet.

This was bigger then my whole room.

There were so many cupboards. All made of glass. They had sliding doors and so many shelves. There was also a bathroom here. I shook my head and wondered how rich actually Carter was.

I quickly took out a black pyjamas and crème coloured top.

I changed in the small bathroom.

I washed my face and then made my way out to meet a handsome topless Carter sitting on a couch at the sitting area.

He had well defined chest and 8 pack abs. His abs were really very finely built and they were just so hot. He had a tattoo on right side of his chest. It was something I didn't understood. I'll be smart and assume it is written in Italian. My eyes travelled towards his face. His soft pink lips and well defined jaw.

I saw his eyes and blushed when realised I was caught staring.

"Come here." He said softly. I was about to sit beside him when he pulled me to his lap.

To avoid falling I wrapped my hands around his neck and he kept his on my waist.

"I'm all yours to see." He said smirking.

"I know." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Now, tell me what do you wanted to talk about?"  I said smiling.

"We'll go ring shopping tomorrow. Also, we'll buy our wedding dresses and I want to buy you some clothes." 

"Why? I really don't need more clothes." I huffed. I already have clothes which are enough for me.

"Because I want to buy you some."

"Ohk." I said. I know it was no use debating with him.

"Now, let's just sleep." He said and as I was about to get down from his lap, he kept his hands on my waist and legs and lifted me up bridal style.

I squealed at his sudden action. He once again smirked down at me. I kept my head on his chest and smiled.

He kept me on the bed and covered me with the duvet. The bed was softer than it looked. It was hella soft actually. It felt like I was currently in the clouds.

I turned my back towards the spot where Carter will be sleeping. I didn't wanted to be rude but I still was shy.

He switched off the lights and I felt the bed behind me dip.

I knew he was here.

He got inside the duvet and wrapped an arm around my waist.

He pulled, no, dragged me to him and my back touched his naked chest.

"Aren't you going to put a shirt on?" I asked. Him sleeping half naked behind me was..um.. uncomfortable for me.

"Why? Oh! You won't be able to control yourself. How will a innocent man like me sleep in peace, Flower?"

"As if." I said but a small laugh escaped my mouth.

"Now stop getting all shy and get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day."

I nodded my head and let his warmth envelope me.

"Good Night, Carter."

"Good Night Wifey." He said and kissed my neck. I smiled at that.

I soon found myself falling into slumber.

Needless to say, that was the best sleep I had got in years.