Chapter 9 - Patience

Lily Dornan

"Will you tell me why?" I asked for the nth time.

You see, Carter woke me up very early this morning. He just gave me a box and asked me to wear whatever it contained. He had also called a makeup expert to do my makeup and a hairstylist too. I don't even know what was I getting all dolled up?

"Can't you just get ready because your handsome fiancé asked you to?" He said with a smirk of his.

"Fine. Stop with all the arrogance." I said pouting.

I swear since he has bought me that ring, which was about 3 months ago when I accidentally said he was very hot and handsome, he has been repeating that daily.

"You still love me." He said resting his arms on my upper hips.

"Barely." I said hiding my blush. That was a clear white lie. I have kinda started loving him recently. But I won't confess until he does.

"Your blush says it all." He said. I just cannot handle the cocky Carter.

"I'll go shower." I said dismissing the topic.

"Want me to join?" He said as I managed to free my self from his arms. We have just cuddled and kissed multiple times so far but haven't done... the thing. Yup, I'm still a virgin.

"No." I answer sternly. I heard him laugh when I dashed inside the bathroom.

I had a refreshing shower. Nothing like a hot and warm shower. I washed my hair and blow dried them. I wore my grey sweatpants and Carter's black top. He has many of them and doesn't mind when I borrow some.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw him sitting by the bed side God knowns doing what on his phone. He took notice of me and approached me.

"You look good in my top. Have I said that before?" He said placing a small kiss on my neck.

"You say that every time I wear your clothes." I said and he chuckled.

"It's true." He said and kissed my lips.

"I'll send Katherine, Anna and Emma along with the hairstylist and makeup artist up in 5 minutes and I'll send your breakfast. Don't skip your breakfast. I have some work to catch."

Katherine is a gangster who has some kind of deal with Evan to be in his gang for a year. She's really pretty with brown hair and green eyes. She has a great body and personality but I have heard through Carter that she's really a ruthless person when it comes to business. Nevertheless she's very sweet and loving by heart. I met her about 2 and a half month ago and well we four, I, Katherine , Anna and Emma have grown really close. The Stalin Sisters have shifted here along with their now late mom, Sarah due to safety reasons. It's sad that Sarah left us so early.

A soft knock was heard and I opened the door. There stood Katherine, Anna and Emma along with another lady and a man.

The lady who is the makeup artist is Miss Anderson and the man is Mr. McMillian who is the hairstylist.

"Have you opened the box?" Anna asked as we all walked towards the closet, where the box was placed.

"No. I'll open it now."