Chapter 19 - Shoot

Lily Woodwords

"Wake up Wife." I heard Carter say as he kissed my cheek. I gave him a lazy smile and stretched my hands out for him to pick me up.

He placed his right hand under my waist and left under my knees. He effortlessly picked me up and walked me to the bathroom.

He sat me on the counter top and ran the water in the tub. We brushed our teeth until the tub was filled with water. We stripped each other and he again carried me to the tub. He placed me in the water and sat behind me. He pulled me to his chest and I closed my eyes feeling relaxed.

We washed each other and after what felt like hours, we came out of the bathroom and got dressed.

Carter made me wear something less skin showing.

As if he allows me to wear something like that.

I rolled my eyes at that and went to my closet. I wore a nude dress which ended below my knees. I wore beige heels and did light makeup. I left my hair open and walked out of the closet to see Carter dressed in all black.

"Let's go

"Let's go. I want to take you somewhere." He took my hand in his and walked out of the room.

We had some breakfast earlier which included toast and some coffee, and are currently in the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I looked at him driving. He didn't take a driver today I don't know why.

"I want to teach you how to use a gun." He said and my eyes widened.

"I'm afraid of gun. You know that." I tried to reason out.

"Well, your husband is in Mafia." He stated plainly.

As if I don't know that.

"Your point is?" I said arching my eyebrow.

"I want to make you capable of protecting yourself."

"What's the need?" He's always with me and if not I always have bodyguards around me when I go out, dressed as normal men, blending in the crowd around me. He thinks I don't know but Katherine once said that by mistake. I didn't talk to Carter about it because after all it's for my own safety. Why bombard him with questions?!

"Just for my satisfaction. It will not take more than a couple of hours."

"Fine." I said and sighed.

We pulled into an old looking warehouse. It had the 'Pericoloso' sign.

Carter parked the car and came towards me and offered me a hand. I took his hand and stepped out of the car.

He wrapped an possessive hand around my waist.

"This is the Pericoloso warehouse. Many men live here and we have areas built here for their training."

We walked inside the warehouse and I saw that the warehouse was quite dark. Carter snapped his fingers and we caught the attention of people running around the place.

"For those who don't know, this is my wife, Lily Woodwords. Treat her with the same respect you do to me and if not, more." Carter said and everyone nodded.

We walked further in and he opened a door for me. I walked in first with him following me. I spotted Ian there. He walked up to me and gave me a small hug which I returned.

"Must be my lucky day. I met my Sister-In-Law here, at the warehouse." Ian said with a smirk.

"He wants me to learn how to fire a gun." I said in a bored tone.

"I know. Come lets get you a gun. Sì?" He said and I followed him.

The room was quite empty. There were series of dummies lined up with target points like heart, neck, stomach and forehead having a cross, on the right side of the room. The left side had a big table with different types of guns.

"Pick the gun you can handle respective to it's weight." Carter said and I checked three to four guns before finding the one.

Carter loaded the gun with rubber bullets and asked me to stand before a dummy. He made me wear the headphones and himself and Ian too had one each.

"Lift your hand up please." Carter said and I did so. He adjusted my arm. My right hand held the gun and left supported it. My arm was straight and my eyes focused on the cross on the heart of the doll.

"Fire." Carter said and I pulled the trigger.

The force shook my hand and the bullet went to the middle of the dummy's chest.

I turned to Carter and asked for help. He stood behind me. He kept his one hand around my waist bringing steadiness to my body. Another was wrapped around my right hand and fore finger on the trigger.

He relaxed my shoulder and helped me shoot. The bullet went right into the dummy's forehead.

He left me and I gave him a big smile.

"Now shoot by your self." I frowned at him.

I tried shooting on the same dummy. After about 30 minutes I did kinda started hitting the crosses properly.

"What will I get if I shoot the four points with four bullets correctly?" I said trying to negotiate.

"Flower." He sighed and continued, "Okay, what do you want?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Umm. Have lunch with me at McDonals." He doesn't really like blending in with the crowd but I like it so why not?

"Fine." He said and I walked towards a new dummy.

I raised my hand and fired four bullets one after the other.

Surprisingly, all the four hit the cross. The one on the forehead was slightly towards the right eye but I ignore it nevertheless.

I turned towards Carter smirking. His eyes were filled with astonishment.

He walked towards me and grabbed my waist, pulling me to his chest.

"That's like my girl." He said and kissed my lips.

"Woman."

"Lady."

"Wife." I said and before Carter could say anything else, Ian interrupted.

"I get it she's yours. Now cut it, can we?" He said and all three of us ended up laughing.

I really enjoyed learning how to shoot.