Chapter 14 - Hell Broke Loose

Carter's suit ☝🏻

Carter Woodwords

"You're looking beautiful my love, now come on." I said/commanded Lily to wear her damn heels and come out of the dressing room.

We are going to a formal dinner today with fellow Mafia Man. His son is taking over his position and thus we have a party. I am invited along with my wife so I'm suppose to take her or else I wouldn't dare to take her if going to such places. All the place will contain are horny bastards. I'll not let Lily leave my sight, that's for sure. Katherine and Evan are also invited and they are going together. They started dating each other roughly 2 months ago. I knew there was something going on between them.

"Coming." I heard Lily say and she thus broke the chain of my thoughts.

She stepped out of the closet and left my jaw hanging.

She had an off whiteish strapless gown and carried a small clutch

She had an off whiteish strapless gown and carried a small clutch. She left her hair down and had very less makeup on.

She smiled one of her innocent yet sexy smile. She approached me and kept her hands around my neck and winked at me.

"Wink at me once more and you'll shout my name hard enough for the whole mansion to hear." I said seductively in her ears and she lightly slapped my shoulder.

She tiptoed to kiss me and pulled away before the matter got out of our hands.

I took her hand in mine and started walking towards the door when she pulled my hand and stopped me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her. She slowly swept her thumb just below my lower lip. Fuck, that was a turn on.

She showed me the little lipstick stain on her thumb and I realised she wiped it off of my face.

"Good girl." I said and she bowed her head down playfully.

We hand-in-hand walked out of the room.

We saw Katherine and Evan standing by the door of the mansion. They do make a good couple.

We sat in two separate cars and drove off to the hall where the party is.

I gave my car for the valet parking and came over to open the door for Lily. She smiled and took my hand.

I kept a hand around her waist and lead our way inside.

The paparazzis were ready with cameras to click pictures of the invitees. We posed for a minute and then moved towards the hall.

Lily did got a little tensed but was relaxed as soon as we started walking away. This isn't the first time she faced the paparazzis but still sometimes she gets uncomfortable around them.

I introduced Lily to some of my friends. She smiled and greeted everyone with patience. She must be really tired and I can say that just by looking at her.

"How do everyone fear you so bad. What are you, Batman?" Lily asked playfully.

"Bateman." I said and Lily made a bored expression.

"I'm bored seriously." She said and rested her head on my chest. I pulled her close and let out a breath of contentment.

I just want her near me all the time.

"You may sit by the table. I'll join you shortly." I said and kissed her forehead.

She kissed my cheek once and then walked towards our table.

I was talking with one of my friend when I saw a man approaching Lily. She tried to shove him off but that fucker wouldn't get the sign.

I saw Lily show him her Wedding ring but still he continued flirting. I excused myself from my friend and walked angrily towards them.

"Come on, I don't think your husband will mind." I heard him say and before Lily can answer I kept a firm hand around her waist and pulled her into me.

"But he does." I said in a voice full of venom.

"So you're the husband, huh?"

"Yes and you will fuck off before you get kicked out."

"Are you okay?" I asked Lily as soon as that asshole left.

"Yes. I don't understand why he keeps flirting even after I said I'm married." She said and let out a tired huff.

"Don't mind him. Come let's have a dance." I said and she placed her hand in mine.

I pulled her to the middle of the dance floor. The song changed to a new one and we started dancing.

I pulled her closer if that even possible.

She kept her head on my chest and I swayed our body slowly.

She looked at me and smiled. I cupped her face with my right hand and kissed her passionately.

She responded and let me invade her mouth.

After about a minute she pulled away and everyone started clapping.

She blushed hard and hid her face in the crook of my neck.

I just wanted everyone to know that she's mine and they should stay away from her.

I chuckled and we went to the host.

We bid our goodbye to him and left. Katherine and Evan would come later so we left.

"I want to have an ice cream." Lily said as I started driving.

"Baby, there were different desserts back there, you didn't have them?" I asked looking at her for a second and then giving the road my attention back.

"I want a double chocolate chip. They didn't have one." She said pouting.

I kissed her pout and said : "Okay Flower, let's get you your favourite ice cream." She smiled a smile as if a child got her Christmas present. She's seriously so cute without even knowing it.

I took her to small ice cream parlour near our house.

She had her double chocolate chip and I ordered a plain vanilla one. I initially didn't wanted to have one but Lily insisted a lot.

We had a little talk and finished our ice cream. I paid for it and then we left.

I pulled the car in the driveway and parked it.

Evan's car was already parked so I guess they were already home.

I and Lily walked in the mansion hand-in-hand.

I unlocked the doors by punching my fingerprint on the lock.

We walked in and heard noises from the living room. We walked to the living room and what I saw was surreal. All of the members who lived here at the Mansion were sitting on the couches and smiling and then I caught sight of her.

She smiled at me and I felt as if the hell broke lose.