Chapter 10

The next morning, my parents had to leave but not before deciding that I was to come home for my first change. Al wasn't there when I woke up to bid my parents goodbye. He had no doubt gone to his classes and I would have too, if Madam Pomfrey would have let me. I felt fine, only slight aches in my bones gave any indication that I had been attacked last night. Well, that and the scars. The potion that Madam Pomfrey had given me to close up my wounds did just that, but the bite mark and the scratches on my chest I knew would be a permanent part of my body. They had faded to a slightly lighter tone than my already pale skin, so it was hard to see them.

I sighed and slumped down into my bed. I didn't like sitting still like this, not when I knew that everyone else was out there doing their normal routine. Plus, I was extremely bored. There was no one else in the Hospital Wing and Madam Pomfrey was hiding out in her office. I'm sure she wouldn't notice if I slipped out...

The doors burst open at that moment and I jumped, nearly falling on the floor. Albus came rushing in, red-faced with his arms filled with books and papers. He dropped the items on the bed next to mine before bringing me into a surprisingly gentle hug.

"Al—"

"I'm so sorry. I should have been there but this tosser locked me in a closet and—" He pulled back to look me in the eyes before kissing me. "I love you. We're going to figure this all out and I'm going to be with you, every step of the way. I know it doesn't forgive what I did, but I'm hoping it's a start."

"What the bloody hell are you talking about?" I asked, genuinely confused. Why did he feel so guilty?

Al sat on the edge of my bed and recounted his version of yesterday's events.

Once he finished, he looked down at our intertwined hands. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I should have been there, I could have done something"

I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him, just to get him to shut up. "This isn't in any way your fault. In fact, I should be thanking you. You saved my life, Al. Thank you." I rested my forehead against his as he finally looked at me.

"I didn't do much..."

"Bullshit! You literally carried me to the Hospital Wing. I would have died if not for you, Albus Severus Potter."

Al's lips twitched. "We're on full name basis now?"

"Only when you're being a dumbass, Potter."

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you, Scorpius Malfoy."

"I love you too." I pulled Al up so he was sitting next to me on the bed and rested my head on top of his. "So, are you going to tell me what all those bloody papers and books are for?"

"Well, some of it is our homework but I also grabbed a few books about werewolves." He looped his fingers through the hem of my t-shirt absentmindedly. "If it's too soon, I get it. I just thought that we could go through it, you know, to learn as much about the change before it happens..."