Epilogue

~5 Years Later~

***Scorp's POV***

I was so damn nervous. I had planned this day for months now. There was no reason to be nervous. But I couldn't help myself from checking and rechecking my setup. I had set up a picnic in a beautiful clearing I had found. I had a blanket laid out with Al's favorite foods as well as a bottle of firewhiskey. There was a floating candle in the middle since it was starting to get dark. All that this was missing was Al.

I fingered the ring box in my suit jacket and tried not to seem as nervous as I felt. We had been together for six years. Despite everything, we had pulled through, stronger than ever. And with Cath's parents having been behind bars for three years, there was no other threats against them. Even Harry finally came around once he finally realized that the Voldemort rumors had no merit.

Everything was perfect. Well, almost.

As soon as I put a ring on his finger then everything would be perfect.

Albus walked into the clearing and his eyes widened at the whole setup.

"Is there an anniversary that I forgot about?" He asked.

I grinned and gave him a quick kiss. "Not exactly. Can't I do something romantic for my boyfriend?"

He smiled and pulled me in for a real kiss. "I suppose that's allowed."

I pulled him back and led him over the blanket.

"How was your day?" I asked, pouring us each a glass of firewhiskey.

"Good," he said, accepting the glass. "Mum was teaching me some new quidditch skills to teach the students when term starts up again. What about you?"

"It was good. I was working on some lesson plans, mostly. And figured out which new astronomy books to include in the curriculum." As well as setting this all up.

Al nodded and looked down at his glass. "Firewhiskey. So, it really must be a special occasion."

I shrugged and took a sip. "Or maybe I just like firewhiskey."

"Bullshit. What am I missing?"

I rolled my eyes. "Must you take the fun out of everything?"

"Yes," he said with a grin.

"All right. I was going to wait until after we ate but since you're so impatient," I stood up. "Come here."

Al stood up and I took both his hands in mine.

"Al. We've gone through a lot to get to where we are today and I couldn't be happier." I smiled at him and looking into his emerald green eyes, I could see he knew where I was going. "I love you more than I thought was possible. I've loved you as a best mate and a boyfriend and I hoped..." I got down on one knee and pulled out the ring box that held a simple gold band. "That you would let me love you as a husband."

Albus got down on his knees beside me, a smile lighting his beautiful face.

"On one condition," he pulled out a ring box from his pocket. "If you marry me too."

I grinned and I couldn't help laughing out of pure joy.

"Nothing would make me happier," I said and kissed him.

"I love you, sweetheart," Al said, resting his forehead against mine.

"I love you too."