Chapter 29

***Scorpius's POV***

"Let me come with you."

I was lying on back on my bed, holding my mum's note in my hand. "You can't. It'll be too suspicious."

"Your parents think we're dating. It would look more suspicious if I don't come."

"If we both go then something bad will happen to you when we get back. They'll think that we're confining in our parents about what's happening."

"I'm pretty sure you can do that on your own." Albus pointed out.

"Yes, but it'll look more suspicious if you come too."

"But—"

"Please. We've got to keep our distance, remember?"

Albus sighed. "Fine. But I don't like you going through the Change without me."

"This is the sixth one now. I'm practically a pro!" I teased, pulled my self up to rest on my elbows.

"That's not funny."

"Come on. It'll be okay. We'll reconvene in a few days."

"Are you going to tell your parents what's been going on?"

"I don't know. I'm worried."

Al nodded. "Yeah. My dad sent me a letter today telling me he knows about all the accidents and wants to know what's going on and I don't know what to tell him and I can't send him a letter because it could be intercepted."

I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest. "I think they suspect something. Mum wouldn't have asked me to come home if it weren't for a reason. Maybe they found something out."

"Hopefully. Write me in your notebook as soon as you find something out."

"I will," I stood up. "I should go. McGonagall's expecting me."

I grabbed my bag and started heading to the door when Al grabbed my arm. I turned to him and he gave me a lingering kiss.

"Be safe."

I smiled. "You too. But Al—"

"I know, keep my distance." He took a step back and put his hands behind his back. "Starting now."

I gave him a sad smile. "I'll see you soon."

He nodded and I left the room.

****