Chapter 36

We didn't say much to Jim as we left. Cath did most of the talking. I knew that if I would have said anything, I would have given us away. It took all my willpower to compose my face. 

It wasn't until we were with Cath's mum did Cath relax at all. No one said a word, just grabbed ahold of each other's hands and apparated back to the cabin. Cath's mother embraced her husband and Cath turned to me.

"You have outlived your usefulness," was all she said before she cast a spell that made me pass out.

****

When I woke up, I was in my own body and in my bed. I looked around my room, my heart swelling as I realized that I was really home. I wanted to cry I was so happy but then I remembered Albus and I shot out of bed. I ran down the stairs and was relieved when I saw my parents sitting on the couch.

They stood up when they saw me and I launched myself into their arms, tears streaming down my face. They hugged me back just as tightly. Mum nearly breaking my ribs with her hug. I pulled back and wiped away my tears.

"I missed you guys so much," I said, sniffling.

Mum pulled me back into a hug. "We did too. We're so glad you're back and safe."

"How are you feeling?" Dad asked as Mum let me go.

"I'm fine and I'll fill you in on the details later. Right now, we need to go to Azkaban," I said. "Al's there."

"Scorp—" Mum started but I cut her off.

"It was Cath's family. They used Al to replace her father. We've got to go—"

"You don't have to worry," Dad said, placing his hands on my shoulders and that's when I realized that I was shaking. "He's safe."

I sagged in relief. "Really?"

"Yeah," Mum said, smiling. "Jim contacted us not long after supposedly us had visited an inmate and it didn't take long to piece it all together."

"We assumed that it was going to be you disguised as Grayson Whetherton," Dad said. "But we weren't disappointed for too long because when we got home, you were lying unconscious on the porch wearing my clothes."

"But Albus is safe?" I asked.

Mum chuckled softly. "Yes. He's just resting now and we'd be happy to take you to him just as soon as you fill us in on the last few weeks."

So, I did. We sat around the couch as I told them about Cath and her family and their entire plan for our family.

"I have no idea where the cabin was or where they'll go now," I said. "I'm sorry. I wish I could have done more."

"Don't be ridiculous," Mum said. "We'll find them soon enough. All we care about is that you're safe and home."