Chapter 7: New Neighbors (Always There)

Aphmau's POV
No matter how much I tossed and turned, I just couldn't sleep. I didn't even realize I had woken up Aaron, until a pair of strong arms wrapped around me from behind, holding me still.

"Why are you still awake Luna? It's midnight..." Aaron said, his smooth voice laced with love and concern.

"I can't sleep..." I murmured in reply. My ears and tail were showing, with my ears flattened against the top of my head, and my tail curled around myself protectively. I suddenly felt the fuzzy warmth of his tail, right next to mine. It was comforting, as he kissed the top of my head, and then nuzzled my neck. I cuddled into him, and his comforting presence, but I still couldn't sleep. I whimpered slightly, to let him know it wasn't working.

"Hmm..." he hummed. Then, hesitantly, he licked my neck. I shivered, and bit my lip, holding back a moan. A whisp of it still escaped, and I felt him smirk against my neck.

"Do you like that Luna~?" He whispered, his hot breath tickling my ear. He did it again, and I again tried not to moan.

"Don't hide your voice from me, my love~" he whispered seductively. He continued licking my neck, flicking his soft tongue up and down the side, as I shivered and moaned. Eventually, we both fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning, feeling like I hadn't slept a wink. I wasn't able to move without waking Aaron, so I was content to just lay in his arms. Aaron stirred, and managed to adjust my position so I was facing him.

"Morning sleepyhead~." I giggled, he looked down at me, and smiled.

"Morning babe." He ruffled my hair, and pulled himself into a sitting position, pulling me with him. I cuddled up to him, and he smirked.

"Your unusually affectionate this morning." He noted.

"Ehehe..." I pulled away from him, blushing, "sorry..."

"Heh," he smirked at me, and grabbed my chin, and said, "don't be, love..." before closing the gap between us. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. He gently grabbed my waist.

We pulled away for air. I couldn't help but blush, and looked away. He chuckled and pushed a strand of hair out of my face, caressing my cheek. The doorbell rang, and we reluctantly let go of each other. Both of us still in our pajamas, I went down to answer the door, and saw a trio I never thought I would see again.

Jenny, Cathy, and Betty.

Aaron's POV
I quickly got dressed and followed Aphmau downstairs. She was standing in the open doorway, just staring at the visitors. I glanced over worriedly, and sat on the couch nearby.

"H-Hey!" Aphmau said finally.

"Hi Aphmau! It's been a long time!" Jenny?!

"Hey Aphmau!" Is that Betty?

"Hi." Definitely Cathy.

"Hey... Jennifer, Cathy, Betty! It has been... a long time!" Aphmau said, trying to be cheerful.

"Hehe! Yeah! So, we actually just moved onto the street, and wanted to say hi!" Jenny said, being sickly cheerful.

"That's... great! Uh... I don't reccomend going next door..." Heh, Aph never changes. Protecting Jenny, because Katelyn is next door.

"Why not?" Cathy asked.

"Uh... Katelyn lives next door... and she's uh... not very happy with Jenny." Aphmau explained.

"Oh! Right, uh... we'll go now!" Jenny said.

"Hehe... it was great to see you all again! See ya!..." Aphmau closed the door, and turned around to lean against it.

"Holy Irene, never have I ever been that nervous in my life." She gasped.

"Those three are lucky I didn't answer the door." I said, "I would've killed them all."

"Aaron... I know you don't like Jenny, and Cathy was... not a good person before, but even Betty?" She asked, coming over and sitting next to me.

"Okay, I would leave her alone." I sighed.

"Besides, maybe they've changed?" She suggested.

"They had better have..." I grumbled. She giggled and leaned on me.

"So, any plans for today?" She asked.

"Well, everyone is probably going to be barreling in here to make sure Garroth didn't get us any minute now, so I think our dinner plans were cancelled." I sighed.

"Aww..." she sighed in disappointment.

"Sorry babe..." I wrapped my arms around her.

"So, when will they be here?" Aphmau asked.

As if on cue, the window shattered, and the pack jumped in, with Katelyn, Travis, Laurence, Kawaii~chan, and Zane in tow.

"Now, apparently." I smirked, as she giggled.

Everyone started yelling at once. Katelyn wanted to find Garroth, one half of the pack wanted to make sure Aph was emotionally stable, the other half wanted to make sure we were physically stable, Zane and Kawaii~chan' started making cupcakes, Travis tried to calm down Katelyn, and... Laurence cried in the corner for some reason.

"It's nice to know everyone cares." Aphmau giggled. I smiled.

"Of course we do. We all love you Aph, especially me." I kissed her forehead, "And I'll always be there to protect you."

"We'll always be there to protect you."