Chapter 10: Vlyad

Aaron's POV
We're on our way to the hospital with Zane and Kawaii~chan to see Vlyad. Zianna called as soon as they told her he was stable. I parked, and it took not even five seconds for Zane to be out of the car. The rest of us got out, and Aphmau grabbed my hand. I glanced down at her, and she gave me a worried look. 

"Don't worry, he's fine, I'm sure of it." I assured her. She nodded, and we all went inside. 

"Can I help you?" The receptionist looked up at us. She had long golden-blond hair with a purple streak in a braid behind her, and a lilac bandanna over her eyes. 

"We're here to see Vlyad Ro'Meave." I said.

"Why do you where a bandanna?" Zane asked at the same time.

"Zane! Don't be rude!" Kawaii~chan scolded. The receptionist laughed a little.

"I get that question a lot. It's a medical condition." She explained, standing up. "My name is Lilly, I'll show you to his room." We followed her to the back, and she let us into a room. Zianna and Garte were inside, and Vlyad was on the bed, sitting up, but in obvious pain. Zane made a strangled noise, a cross between a dying goat and a sob I think. 

"Hey Zane..." Vlyad smiled weakly. 

"Your an idiot." Zane crossed his arms, making a statement.

"So I've been told." Vlyad laughed, and it turned into coughing. He quickly grabbed the water next to him, and drank it. 

"Sorry..." he muttered. 

"Don't be sorry." Aphmau smiled at him faintly, "It's not your fault you got shot." 

"Technically, it is." Vlyad replied, "I'm the one who pushed you out of the way." 

"Yeah uh... I've never really been good at uh... this but... thanks. You... saved my life." I scratched the back of my head nervously, and he grinned.

"Don't mention it, I would've done the same for anyone." He replied. My phone started ringing, and I groaned at who the caller was. 

"I'll be right back." I said, going into the hallway, and answering the call.

Aphmau's POV
Aaron went into the hall, and I sat down in the chairs, next to Zianna. 

"This just keeps getting worse and worse..." I sighed. Zane's phone beeped, and he pulled it out. 

"It's a news report." He said, opening the notification.

"Hello everyone, welcome back MCD News, where everything exciting happens." The reporter said.

"Not quite Alina, as today we're talking about something much more exciting then Kyle and Alexis's relationship." The other one said. 

"Hey!" Someone called from the side, making them both laugh. 

"Anyway, today our main story is about Garroth Ro'Meave, and the recent events involving him." Alina said.

"So, as we all know, Garroth Ro'Meave, before his recent failed capture, was seen shooting his own younger brother, Vlyad Ro'Meave. Vlyad is currently in the hospital, but for those of you worried, he will live. Anything to add Lilith?" Alina asked. 

"According to one of our sources, Garroth wasn't actually aiming for his youngest brother. He was aiming for someone's boyfriend, though we don't know why." Lilith replied. 

"Right, with that being said-" Zane turned his phone off and sighed.

"Stupid reporters. Someone ought a teach them their place." He grumbled. The door opened, and Aaron came in. He sat next to me with a sigh.

"You okay?" I asked. 

"Just tired." He replied. I nodded. Kawaii~chan gasped suddenly.

"What's wrong Kawaii~chan?" Zane asked. 

"Oh! Kawaii~chan just uh... realized something! Uh... Aphmau~senpai, can Kawaii~chan talk to you for a minute??" She asked, giving me a pleading look. I nodded, and she dragged me away to the bathroom. 

"Aphmau~senpai, does Garroth know about Aaron?!" She asked, panicked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. She sighed. 

"Does Garroth know about Aaron's... secret?" She asked.

Oh

That

"N-no... I don't think he does... only me, you, Zane, Katelyn, Travis, and the pack know about it... and Kim and Lucinda, but we haven't seen them in forever." I sighed in relief. So did Kawaii~chan.

"My Irene Kawaii~chan, I didn't even think about that." I said breathlessly.

"Kawaii~chan knows... that's why she asked." Kawaii~chan sighed. I smiled at her, and we went back to the others.

"Everything okay?" Vlyad asked.

"Yeah, Kawaii~chan just wanted to ask something." I smiled, Aaron gave me a look. His ears and tail were out. The bathroom wasn't very far from Vlyad's room. He heard the entire conversation. I gave him the same look right back. He smirked, and I sat next him. 

"We should get going soon." He told me. 

"Why?..." I gave him a pouty face. 

"We're meeting up with Katelyn and Travis, remember? Plus, I think they all want some time together." He gestured to Zane, Zianna, Garte, and Vlyad, who were all talking. 

"Kawaii~chan agrees." Kawaii~chan said. 

"Alright..." me and him stood up.

"We're going to leave for now, and give you all some alone time." Aaron said. Zianna and Garte nodded. 

"Fine." Zane muttered.

"We can give you a ride home Zuzu." Zianna promised. Zane nodded. 

"See you again?" Vlyad asked. 

"Of course! As if we're just going to leave, and not come back!" I exclaimed, he smiled. 

"See ya then." 

"Yeah, see ya." Aaron replied.

"Bye~!" Kawaii~chan cheered. 

"Heh, bye!" I smiled, and we left.