Chapter 17: Kaiya and Taiya

Aaron's POV
"Uh... h-hey... girls..." Troy said, suddenly nervous.

"What the hell do you want?!" Taiya demanded, crossing her arms.

"Taiya!" Aphmau exclaimed, "Language!"

"Sorry..." Taiya sighed.

"Taiya... maybe we should go to bed..." Kaiya said, tugging her sister's arm and glancing nervously at Hanna and Troy.

"I wanna know what they're doing here first." Taiya crossed her arms.

"Can we... sort this out tomorrow?" Blaze yawned, "Man, I'm tired."

"Too many characters in one area, the Author-"

Aphmau covered Melissa's mouth before she could continue what she was saying.

"I think we should let the family have talk this out." Katelyn said, grabbing Travis and an umbrella, and leaving.

"I'm taking Kawaii~chan home," Zane sighed, "It's already late..." he paused next to Aphmau, carrying Kawaii~chan.

"I'm glad your okay Aph..." he told her.

"Thanks Zane..." Aphmau smiled at him faintly, and Zane left.

"I'm going to bed." Blaze yawned, going upstairs. Melissa, Maria, Ken, Diana, and Daniel followed.

"It's a good thing I'm on vacation, see you later, I have a shop to set up." Lucinda disappeared. Laurence sighed.

"I'm going home too... I need a nap..." he muttered, waving and leaving with a yawn.

Good thing everyone lives nearby.

"Let's go to our place." I said, "It's been a long day."

"Good idea." Aphmau nodded.

"Alright." Kaiya grabbed her sister's hand, as Taiya nodded, still glaring at Hanna and Troy.

We went outside, and went next door to our house.

"You can sit down if you want," Aphmau said, "I'll make some food."

"I'll help." Kaiya said, following her into the kitchen. Taiya plopped down on the couch, leaning on the arm. Hanna and Troy hesitated, and sat down a few seats away. I sat down next to Taiya.

Aphmau and Kaiya came back in, with tea, and sandwiches. She set the plate filled with sandwiches on the coffee table, along with the teapot and cups.

"Th-thank you..." Hanna mumbled. Aphmau nodded, with a small smiled, nod sat next to me. Kaiya sat on the other side of her.

"So... what are you doing here?" Taiya asked.

"We just... wanted to make sure you were doing okay, after we heard you were adopted." Hanna explained.

"Since when did you care?" Taiya scoffed.

"Taiya!" Kaiya looked over at her sister, "I know your angry with them, but don't be rude!"

"No... you have every right to ask that..." Troy sighed, looking down.

"Uh..." I cleared my throat loudly.

"Remember when I said we're orphans?..." Kaiya asked, "Well... Hanna and Troy ran the orphanage we lived in... for a while. They're our parents, but after a while they sold the orphanage and left, leaving Taiya and I."

"What we did was unforgivable... and we're sorry..." a few tears fell from Hanna.

"UGH!" Taiya groaned loudly, "Why do I have a weak spot for crying people?! Okay, I forgive you..." she sighed, leaning back. Kaiya laughed lightly.

"We forgive you." She said.

"Does this mean, you'll move back with your parents?" Aphmau asked, her voice laced with sadness.

Taiya started coughing. Kaiya shook her head.

"Oh Irene, no! We could never care for them, in case you didn't notice, we can barely care for ourselves." Troy said.

"Even so, your our parents now." Kaiya said to Aphmau, who smiled.

"Your welcome to visit." I told them.

"Thank you... we should be going..." Hanna said, slowly standing up.

"She's right... thank you..." Troy followed, Aphmau stood up and opened the door. Hanna paused.

"Congratulations, on being pregnant." She said to Aphmau, who blinked in shock.

"How could you tell?" She asked.

"Don't underestimate a woman's instincts, especially one who has had children before." Hanna smiled faintly.

"Thank you." Aphmau smiled back, and they left.

Taiya and Kaiya yawned loudly in sync.

"Girls, covere your mouth when you-" Aphmau cut herself off by yawning.

I yawned too.

"Sorry..." Taiya mumbled sleepily. Aphmau and I both laughed a little.

"Let's get you two to bed." She said, helping them up. Kaiya stumbled, almost landing on Aphmau. I chuckled and picked her up. She squealed, and Taiya laughed. We tucked them into their bed, where they instantly fell asleep.

"We should go to sleep too." Aphmau said to me, grabbing my hand. I smiled and nodded, leading her to our room. She got changed in the bathroom, coming out in...

Fluffy purple pajamas, with a huge red wolf on the front of her shirt, and tiny ones all over her pants.

I went in, and changed into my own red pajamas, with purple wolves.

Yes, we have matching PJs.

Fite meh

"Aaron?" Aphmau was quiet, while we laying in bed.

"Yes Luna?" I asked, just as quiet.

"I'm... worried... about Garroth..." she admitted.

"Why is that?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her.

"Well... I know it isn't really him, and... Michael... doesn't seem like the kind of person, who takes failure kindly..." she murmured, laying her head on my chest. I understand what she's worried about though. She wants the old Garroth back, the one that never hurt us, the one that was kind and thoughtful, even if he wasn't very smart.

"I'm sure he'll be fine... we'll save him." I promised. She nodded, and I rested my hand on her stomach.

It didn't take long for us both to fall asleep.

"You failed."

"I-I'm sorry! It won't happen again, p-please!"

"Too late."

Snap

"Ahh!"

"Don't worry, I won't kill you."

"H-huh?!"

"I'm kicking you out. You have nowhere to go. Your friends and family hate you, your wanted by the government, and if anyone even sees you, you'll be thrown in jail for life."

"W-what?!"

"OUT!"

"Ah!"

Footsteps, running.

An opening door.

Running.

Then silence.