Chapter 20: Baby Boy(s)

Aaron's POV
"Aph..." I sat down by her bed, and grab her hand. She squeezed it weakly, glancing at me. Her eyes have stopped glowing.

"Ms Firewing, you have to start pushing." A doctor said. Aphmau nods and her facial expression becomes pained.

(I'm not going to describe all of this... so... very short Timeskip)

The lights turned off suddenly, and all the machines turned off.

"Power out!" Someone yelled.

A flashlight turns on, and the doctor points it at Aphmau.

Then he cursed loudly.

"The child is starting to come out!" He yelled. Aphmau screamed again, squeezing my hand. My phone started buzzing. I pull it out, and lucky me.

It's my dad.

"This is a really bad time to lecture me on joining your company dad." I growl, as I answer the phone with my free hand.

"This isn't about the company, Melissa says your fiance is going into labour?" He asked.

"That is exactly why this is a bad time to call me!" I hissed, as Aphmau screamed again, nearly crushing my fingers.

"She... doesn't happen to be a descendant of Irene... does she?"

"Why does that matter..."

"There's a guy named Michael, who happens to be looking for her descendants."

"..."

I had completely forgotten about Michael.

The door bursts open, and one of the nurses fumbles with her flashlight, turning it on and pointing it at the door.

Sylvanna is there, red faced and holding a flip flop.

Aphmau screamed again, and her eyes start glowing brightly. Sylvanna throws her flip flop behind her and rushes over.

A yelp tells me the flip flop just landed on Melissa.

"Ma'am please, you have to leave!" The doctor said, trying to get her out.

"I AM HER MOTHER AND IF YOU THINK I AM GOING TO SIT THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A POWER OUT WHILE MY DAUGHTER GOES THROUGH LABOUR YOU ARE -bork- WRONG!!!" Sylvanna yelled. The doctor is obviously startled, and backed off for now.

A loud wailing fills the air, and one of the nurses picks up the baby boy, wrapping him in a blue blanket.

"We're done, shh it's okay..." I squeeze Aphmau's hand reassuringly, and she screams again.

"No, we're not done!" She snaps, "There's anotheR ONE!" She screams again at the end.

"She's right, another child is coming out! The ultrasounds must have missed them!" The doctor exclaims.

"I'll get another blanket!" A nurse says, trying to open the door.

It's locked.

"The door is locked!" She sounds panicky.

"Uh... that would be my fault." Sylvanna scratches the back of her head nervously.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"Aaron!"

I forgot dad was on the phone.

"I'm here." I said.