Chapter 25: Storming the GF Lair

As soon as we stepped inside.

Alarms started blaring.

Soldiers started filing in.

They... didn't make it very far.

Lucinda must have a lot of cat potions.

"Melissa! Take the pack and keep the soldiers from blocking us out! Travis, Zane, Garroth, and Lucinda, we're going to find Aphmau and Katelyn!" I yell.

"On it!" Melissa exclaims, flipping someone off of her.

"Coming!" Travis yells, kicking someone in the gut and following me while I ran off.

We managed to get away from everyone. I closed my eyes, and listened carefully.

Thump

Thump

Thump

"This way." I say, running off.

They followed me, and we stopped outside of a large door.

"It's locked." Zane says, trying to open the door.

"I got this." Garroth cracks his knuckles.

Then he punches the door down.

It falls and lands with a thump.

Loud growls erupt from inside the room.

A pair of them to be exact.

"Hello?" I called quietly.

"Wait- Dad?!" Taiya exclaims.

"Aaron!" We rush inside the room, and see Katelyn and Taiya in one cell, and Aphmau and Kaiya in the other. Aphmau is right at the bars, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Aphmau, what happened?!" I stop in front of her, and grab her hand.

Then I realize it.

Arnoux and Ameri are nowhere to be found.

"Where are the boys?" I ask gently.

She starts sobbing.

"She took them... Aaron, she took them and I couldn't do anything!" She cries, her grip becoming tighter.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Elizabeth, she took them." Kaiya explains sadly, looking down.

"THAT NO GOOD EXCUSE FOR A WOMAN!" Katelyn yells.

"Do you know..."

"No. She took them and left. And you know what the best part is? We're all being shipped away tomorrow. To a deserted lab as test subjects." Taiya says, absolutely dripping with sarcasm.

"What?! We have to get you out of here!" Zane panics, and starts trying to open the cell door. 

"What do you think Katelyn and I have been trying to do for the past 12 hours?!" Taiya exclaims, backing up, and then ramming into her cell door. Katelyn did the same.

Everyone started attempting to break down the doors at once. Lucinda and Zane on Aphmau's, Travis and Garroth on Katelyn's. I stood with Aphmau, trying to calm her down as she sobs.

Then I heard footsteps.

"I suppose this is a bad time."

We turned, and saw a man with white hair, just like Travis', and silver eyes. He was flanked by Zack and Elizabeth, who each held a baby boy. Our baby boys.