Chapter 24: Travel Problems

The next two chapters (this one and the next one) are only in Aaron's POV

♡▪♡▪♡▪♡

"STOP!" A soldier yells.

We don't stop.

The pack and I have been running since early morning. It's noon now.

"What do we do?! We have to find Aphmau!" Diana exclaims.

"HEY!" We glance down.

Travis, Zane, Kawaii~chan, Laurence, Lucinda, Kim, and Garroth all stand under us.

"What is it? Quick!" Melissa exclaims.

"We're coming." Zane states.

"You can't fight." Melissa retorts.

"They took my girlfriend! I have a right to come!" Travis argues.

"And my best friend!" Zane exclaims.

"You can't all come. You can't all fight." I say.

"Neither can half your pack." Laurence retorts.

"He has a point." Daniel sighs.

"I know where they are. I remember where they're base of operations was." Garroth says.

"That's good, because I don't." Ein says.

"Daniel, Rilen, Dottie, Diana, Kawaii~chan, Laurence, and Kim have to stay." I say.

"What?! Why me?!" Diana exclaims.

"You and Laurence, because the others who stay will need protection. Ken can stay to." I reply.

"That's fair." Ken sighs.

"Fine." Laurence says. Lucinda teleports up next to us. Zane, Travis, and Garroth all climb up themselves.

"Let's go, before the GF catch up." I say.

"I don't feel good..." Blaze grumbles, half an hour later.

"That's a new record. It took half an hour for the hangover to catch up." Zane says.

"BLEH!" Travis runs over behind a rock. Unpleasant noises can be heard from him.

It doesn't take long for Blaze to join him.

I stumble a little, getting dizzy.

"We should stop and rest for a bit." Ein says.

"It's a good idea, but not for too long." Garroth says.

"Why? Are we on a deadline or something?" Melissa asks.

"You could say that..." Garroth mumbles.

"What is it?" I demand.

"Uh... well, I remember Michael mentioning... something about sending her to a deserted lab... tomorrow." He stammers nervously.

"We're not stopping." I growl.

"I'm good!" Travis groans, coming out from behind the rock. Maria makes a 'yuck' sound, and throws a cloth at him and Blaze.

Another hour later, they've both finally stopped puking. Except a new problem arrives just as quickly as the last one left.

"Irene, how are we supposed to get through?" Melissa asks, as we stare at the sea of GF soldiers ahead of us.

"Go around?" Travis suggests.

"Not an option. We're surrounded." Ein replies, staring to the sides.

"Backtrack?" Blaze asks.

"Nope. They just started searching behind us." Maria says, staring behind us.

"So we're surrounded. Great. Just great." Zane groans.

"I have cat potions. We could try turning them into cats as we run past." Lucinda suggests, pulling cat potions out of her bag.

"It's worth a shot." I shrug.

Everyone takes a potion. Garroth stands in the lead.

"And... go!" He exclaims, throwing the first potion. A large group of soldiers in front of us turn into cats, and run around mewling.

We all start running, and Melissa throws the next potion.

We keep the element of surprise going for about halfway through, then people start shooting.

We dodge bullets, and throw potions.

By the time we reach the end, two thirds of the soldiers were running around at ankle-height meowing.

It takes a 3 more hours to finally get there. In which we had to deal with a variety of things, including Sylvanna and Eric freaking out and calling us, and my parents freaking out and calling us.

"Here, this is it." Garroth says, stopping in front of a worn down shack.

"This shabby old place?" Blaze asks.

"Everything is underground." Garroth explains.

"How do we get in?" I ask.

"There's a back entrance we can take, but... we might have a better chance if we go at morning-"

"No." I growl firmly.

"...Right... come on, let's go." Garroth led us all carefully to the back, and stopped in front of a tree.

He reached up, and pulled a branch down.

A trap door opened up in front of us.

"Welcome to the Guardian Forces Lair."

I won't let you get away with her this time.

I will not let her go again.

I'm coming Aphmau.

I'm coming for you Luna.

♡•♡•♡•♡

Short chapter! :D
After this, two more chapters.
Don't kill me.
Please.