Chapter Forty-Seven: The Great Breakout of The Hospital Wing

Please Read AN At The End Of Chapter

"She's lost a lot of blood."

"That dark magic is dangerous stuff. She might not recover."

"Lily, I love you. Please wake up."

"I'm scared! What if she doesn't wake up!"

"I'm starting to wonder if there's any good left in this world. People are cruel."

"There is always good to be found in this world. Sometimes, we must look beyond the faults of ourselves and others to see the good."

.............

I've been drifting. I can hear parts of different conversations, but nothing makes any sense to me. I want to open my eyes, but I can't.

My eyes flutter open. My vision is indefinite and everything looks like ink blotches. I blink. Slowly, the walls start to form.

I'm in the hospital wing. Again. I think I've been in here more times this year than I have through out the rest of my other years here. Hanging out with the Marauders is bad for your health...

Madame Pomfrey hurries over to my side. "Miss Evans, how do you feel?"

"Stiff, sore, and hungry." I admit. "What happened? I remember being in Hogsmeade..."

"You lost a lot of blood. Mr. Black closed the wounds, but not fast enough. You've been drifting in and out of consciousness for about five days now. We informed your family."

"I don't have a family. My sister doesn't care." I say grimly.

"Lily! You're awake!" Someone says. Mrs. Potter. Dorea. She's alright! She sits down next to me and wraps her arms around me. "Oh, dear, we were so worried about you!"

"When did you get out of St. Mungo's?" I ask.

"A week ago. Just before you got hurt. How are you feeling?"

"Sore."

"I'm sorry that Petunia didn't show." She says gently.

"I didn't expect her to come."

"James has told me about her." She says simply.

"How is Charlus?" I ask curiously.

Dorea smiles. "He's here. He's trying to find James." She chuckles softly. "I think he's lost. He hasn't been here since James pulled the flood prank in his third year..."

"That was a mess."

"I was quite miffed that he managed to escape detentions."

"He wasn't my favourite person then. They nearly flooded the entire first floor of Hogwarts."

"Miss Evans, rest." Madame Pomfrey says sternly. "If you do not calm down, everyone will have to leave."

"Sorry." I lean back against the pillow.

"I'm beginning to wonder if Charlus will ever find James."

Suddenly, I remember something. The mirrors. "Find Sirius. He'll be able to get a hold of James."

"Alright. Rest, Lily. I'll be back soon." She kisses my forehead and walks out of the hospital wing.

.........

"No! She's a patient! The last thing she needs is you three coming in here, disturbing her and causing a disruption!" Madame Pomfrey says sternly from the entrance of the wing.

"Poppy, it's Lilykins! She'll want to see us!" Sirius says indignantly.

"It's Madame Pomfrey to you, Black!" She snaps.