One

[not edited]

"Lexia Come On. You've got to be leaving soon! Alec is waiting!" My Dad shouted from downstairs.

My name is Alexia Sommers. Yes, it is pretty a basic name, nothing special to be honest. I was born and raised in the Blue-Light Pack. I've got an older brother named Alec and a younger sister named Christina.

My dad is a Beta to our Alpha, Alpha James.

I am a werewolf, if you didn't understand. My wolf's name is Cassy. I had only met her a couple months back, when I first shifted. The first shift for a new werewolf can be excruciating for some but you feel relieved after it happens.

"Lexia, you really have to be going." My Dad shouted up the stairs again.

Every year, The Red-Moon pack would host a Mating Party, for wolves to find their mates. This was my first year going as I was of age.
When you become Seventeen, you have your First Shift. Which is when you can attend the mating party, as that is the age you find your mate.

Don't get me wrong, shifting hurts but it is magnificent. Meeting your wolf for the first time is a massive Event for everyone in every pack. Cassy has also been dying to meet her mate. Me on the other hand, I don't really want to meet them so soon.

Yes, I do want to meet my mate. But I'd like to accomplish something before hand. Like go to college or something, but I know that probably won't happen.

I made my way down the stairs and saw my dad and Alec by the door. My dad has always said My Mum died while giving birth to Christina. But I've heard rumours of other things. But I choose to believe my dad. He has raised me all my life after all.

Talking about Christina, she isn't old enough to attend the Mating Ball so she has to stay at home with Dad. Alec has been going for a couple years but not successfully found his mate.

Your only allowed to attend the Ball from the ages 17-25, I know, specific, but they can't allow all ages in.

Me and Alec went outside after saying bye to our dad and packed our luggage into the car for the weekend and hopped in. If I don't find my mate tonight, i hope I will find him soon. I hope he is also nice. Not someone who would scare me.

I might be a Beta's child but I am pretty weak. Back in high school, people called me Kitten to symbolise I was weaker then I should be. I did take offence at the start but I learnt to ignore it.

Everyone wishes their mate was an Alpha but only some wishes get granted. The Moon goddess seems to be very picky when it comes to mates. Sometimes Mating the Weakest with the Strongest.

•••

We arrived around 5 hours later. I hated car journeys and I still do now. When we entered the territory, we had to show the invitations to be allowed in. Alec drove further into the territory and I felt nervous. This may be my last day without a mate.

Everyone has a room for accommodation, me and Alec stayed in the same room as
We were siblings. Me and Alec are definitely closer then me and Christina. I don't know why though. We are still close with Christina though.

We got to the room and unpacked for the next couple nights. We had a couple hours until we were to attend the Party.

I had this dress, which I think is stunning. It was Black but had Gold Specks everywhere. A ball gown but not so big that I can't walk in it.

•••
The Party

Alec and I walked towards the door of the Pack House. The Red-Moon Pack house was big enough to hold these massive parties in.

"Are you scared?" Alec whispered in my ear as we nearly arrived at the door.

"Kinda." I replied my heart beating faster then usual.

"You'll be fine Lex. Try and have some fun. If you don't find your mate, then there will other chances for you to meet them. I'll be here the whole time, okay?" Alec said as we arrived at the massive doors

"Okay." I replied looking at the door that was  opening before us.

Here goes nothing.

•••
Hi Guysss

So I finally posted the first chapter, yay😂
Hope you like it❤️
I was listening to Bitter Love by Pia Mia the whole time I was writing this
Good song tbh😂

Byeeeee
-Becca🐺🦔🐿