Thirty-Five

[not edited]

I am sitting here scared to the oblivion's.

Layla happened to have a few spare sticks which she gave to me for this circumstance.

I'm scared of what is going to happen, how Jaxon will react. Will he be happy about it, or just as scared as I am in this current moment.

A timer went off, awakening me from my anxious thoughts.

Being too scared to look, Layla picked it up and a smile came across my face. Is that a happy smile or a relief smile?

Layla turned the stick around to show me. My eyes focused on the two red lines, one of them next to the other.

•••

Jaxon's P.O.V

Let's just say that the pack have been coping. No one is scared all the time now, well, except some.

Things were getting back to normal, to a degree. Jobs were resuming, schooling and activities for the children were resuming as well. But in the backs of everyone's minds, there was still that thought of if it were to happen again, but do something worse this time around.

After Lex's dad told me about Gage and his son, everything we tried to find has come up blank. If we were to have a lead, it would lead nowhere. Nate had been doing the same, or at least trying like we were.

The last known trace of Gage was located about 30 miles outside the Blue-Light Pack. But when that was searched many years back, it was abandoned like no one was there in the first place.

•••

Alexia's P.O.V

A couple hours later

Me and Jaxon are currently on a walk which he persuaded me into. We were walking close to the borders to the pack and it was silent expect for the trees rustling and talking to each other.

Jaxon shifted into his wolf so we could go further, faster. I had complained about how Cassie wasn't feeling up to shifting anytime soon, but there was the whole 'meaning' behind it.

After a while of running, Jaxon had enough of his wolf form and went to go change out of it, getting some clothes from behind the tree as well.

As he did this, I looked up towards the sky. It was now darker then when we set off for the walk but it was beautiful. Stars scattered the sky like a blanket, and aligned with one another occasionally.

It took me back to when I was little, laying underneath the stars on some random nights with Dad, Alec and Christina. We were all little at that moment of time, always asking Dad if what we saw in our sight was a shooting star, but really it was our heads moving too fast.

I put a hand on the stomach, which hadn't seized to much at all. What would I do with all the precious moments with this baby to come. Would I keep it safe, if I can't keep myself or the pack somewhat safe then how can I keep my own baby safe.

A tear slipped down my cheek thinking about this, will I be a good mother? I can't live up to Layla, she's amazing with Avia.

I turned back around from where I was standing to start walking over to where I left Jaxon to get changed, just a couple metres away from me. But he wasn't there.

All thought was lost when I was spun around and a knife was pressed to my neck, making me breath more rapidly then ever before.

"Miss me?"

•••

Umm Yeah, Hi Guys,
I am so so sorry for not updating in like over two months, this whole situation is getting to me like most people and I haven't been able to focus.
And sorry for a short chapter, writers block is horrible😂
And Guys, THANK YOU FOR 100k READS, I remember thanking you guys for 3k, let alone 100k, thank you so so so much
Anyways, remember to keep safe and have a fun summer to the extent you can have it☺️

Byeee,
-Becca🐺🦔🐿