Four

[not edited]

We must have been out there for almost a hour just in silence until Layla spoke up.

"I have to get back inside, Caleb is waiting for me." Layla said and I looked up at her.

"Who's Caleb?" I questioned and her face went Blank.

"He is my mate." Layla said with a slight smile on her face.

"Lay, I'm so happy for you." I Said pushing back my sadness and enveloping her in a hug.

"One problem though." Layla said as we ended the hug.

"What Layla?" I questioned, she had some uncertainty showing on her face.

"He's the Beta of this pack, Red-Moon." The smile I had on my face soon fell.

I can't come and visit her. I won't have enough courage to. I can't face him. He's the one who caused me pain.

"Lex, I'm sorry." Layla said apologising.

"Why are you apologising Layla, you're happy. I'm happy for you. Go live your best life. Just don't forget about me." I said laughing at the end.

Layla tackled me in another hug.

A goodbye hug, for now.

"I would never forget you Lexia. How could I." She said laughing.

Layla soon got up with tears both brining our eyes.

She turned to Alec and said bye before entering the building again.

"Let's go back and pack. We will leave as soon as we can." Alec said helping me get up and we started walking.

I tried to contact Cassy but she had retreated to the back of my mind, howling for our mate. I wanted to comfort her but my heart was shattered enough.

I hope Cassy understands that I said nothing for him to reject me. Or maybe it was because of who I am, what I look like.

Alec didn't mind driving at this time of night and to be honest, I was happy. Alec has skipped a opportunity to meet his mate and I don't think his wolf was happy for this. But he's my older brother and his wolf has always had a soft side for me.

•••

We soon reached the house and it was still dark. My dad must have been shocked to see the headlights shine up the driveway as we parked. He rushed out the house and stood outside the car waiting for us to get out.

"Why are you home so early, what happened?" Dad questioned as I walked inside after Alec said he would get the stuff.

I could hear Alec talking to Dad about what happened.

"That foolish So called Alpha. He hasn't been Alpha for a month now." Dad said and you could sense the slight anger in his words.

"It will be okay honey. He will accept the fact that he lost the best part of his life." Dad said reassuring me.

I soon called it a night as I was knackered even though I slept in the car. The pain from the rejection was still really strong but I tried my hardest to shrug it off.

I decided to text Layla even though I probably won't get a response until tomorrow at the earliest. When they arrive to collect a few things for her to move to that pack. That will be the last time I see her in a while.

She will obviously visit still as her family is here but they will visit her, unfortunately, I don't really have the ability to do that.

If I were to, I would visit when he is out of the pack. So I can't see him. And feel more pain then I already do.

I put the thoughts to the back of my mind so I don't feel more pain. I need my sleep right now

•••
Guys, I'm so so sorry for such the late update, so many things going on in my life at the moment.
I going on a short trip over the weekend so I might have the chance to write but I don't know yet.
I start School next week🙄
Wish me luck😂

Byeeeee
-Becca🐺