CHAPTER FIVE

Since the night of the passing of Harry Clearwater, Sue had been having a harder time taking in the loss. She was given a seat along with the elders, and had to avert her attention to the fact that her children phasing, was only worrying. It was almost if she was forced to not have time to grieve for her late husband.

Then there was Leah, she had been blaming herself for his death, and would tend to run off phasing. She had not been able to take in being near the pack, especially Sam.

It was already hard enough for the female, having to be a shape-shifter, but now she was in a pack with her ex-fiancé, who was currently engaged to her own cousin Emily Young,who was his imprint.

Seth had been the only one out of the Clearwater's who've taken the chances easily. He had been acceptant to the fact that he was no longer going to just be a normal teenager. Though, Serena was given some insight that it was because of a certain relative of Embry Call.

For Serena, it had been a challenging start for her returning home.

She had not expected to balance taking care of her father and Sue who she had no complaint about since she was pretty much her second mother. The issue was elsewhere-and it was simple but also slightly childish.

She had been trying her hardest to not ever run into Paul. Which was almost an impossible task since La Push was not a large place at all. Also, your business was never your own with the snooping group of the reservation.

The most annoying and suffocating group of stuck up and self-proclaimed know it alls.

The housewives who had no business whatsoever acting like gossiping was breathing for them.

The ones who started the rumors that Sam and the pack was druggies and no good for the reservation.

Serena was glad she had not once run into them, knowing full well they'd be her kryptonite and exploit her being back.

Thankfully besides the elders knowing of her being back, Seth and Jacob had not mentioned her return, keeping that she just wanted to focus on not reopening old wounds-and it was not their business to intervene.

Although, that wasn't going to last long, since Rachel, had another thought in her mind, of bringing her to Emily's, which she had tried her hardest to avoid.

Serena had been close to Emily before the whole mess that Sam had made.

She wanted to be the peacemaker between Leah and Emily, and her mind was too focused on Leah who was still having a hard time with her phasing.

"No Rach, I told you, I don't want to go there" Serena who was currently laying in bed, as her sister kept pestering her to go with her to Emily and Sam's home.

"Awh, come on sis! The boys miss you so much and it'll be awesome seeing there faces when you show up!" Rachel pleaded which made Serena groan

"No thanks, Paul will be there"

"No, he won't" Rachel lied, knowing her sister never detected it, it was kind of her hoping that one of the boys imprinted on her, preferably not Paul, to make him jealous but also, she kind of hoped the two reconciled," Besides I know you miss Em's cooking!"

Serena flinched at the sound of food, cursing to herself for being so weak to such a simple thing, that would end up being the worst disadvantage of blackmail," I don't know Rach"

Rachel shook Serena's body as she sang," Oh come on~! Please for me?" The one thing Rachel tended to use, was to use the 'for me' card since Rebecca left back to Hawaii, and she knew Serena was a softy, for the whole situation.

"Fine" Serena gave in reluctantly

Rachel jumped up cheering, and she watched her run out rolling her eyes," You owe me for this Rach"

"Don't worry, I will!" Rachel yelled from wherever she was in the house, as Serena got out of bed, to get changed for the day.

The only thing flooding her mind, thanks to Rachel, was Emily's cooking and seeing the boys. She was too oblivious to the fact that Paul was most likely going to be there, but Serena being her dense self-that she took after her Dad-was not even thinking about it.

Serena was also too focused on having a day off from balancing on her days going between Sue and her Dad.