CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Paul was in the hospital, sitting beside Serena, who had been in a coma for a week now

Paul was in the hospital, sitting beside Serena, who had been in a coma for a week now. She had a fractured skull, and her neck was severely bruised, but she was lucky, that the vampire had not damaged her throat.

Jacob had been healing well since he had heard his sister being hurt, and he wanted to be by her side right away, but the other part of him was having a hard time healing since Aniya's departure.

"Serena" Paul mumbled as he held her hand, as he spoke to her like he had been every day since she had been admitted.

Carlisle had told them all, that they just needed to wait for her to wake up, which obviously was not what they wanted to hear, but they all kept hope.

"Baby, please wake up, please, I can't lose you." Paul pleaded as he raised her hand to, he lips gently kissing it," We still have a lot to do, you and I, and I just got you back, so don't go anywhere"

Rachel had been with her Dad by the door, that was slightly open, hearing everything Paul had been saying.

"Dad, when an imprinter loses the one, they imprint on, what happens?" Rachel asked quietly, as she held her fathers' hand, and tightened the hold.

"They lose hope, most of them do, and they live the remainder of there life heartbroken, never to love again, some even go to death to end the pain."

"Most of them? What about the other half?" She asked and he closed his eyes to explain," There is hardly any that can move on after losing them since they are part of their soul but don't you worry Rachel, my dear, Serena is a fighter"

Rachel looked at her father as tears fell down her face," Serena always did so much for everyone, it's not fair for her to go through this Dad"

"I know sweetheart, and Paul will pull her through-his words will get to her, no matter what" Billy stated as he closed his eyes again, holding Rachel as she leaned into his shoulder crying.

There was no absolute way, that they were going to result to turning her to a vampire, so, all they had was hope that she'll live.

Every single one of them knew Serena was going to pull through, because after all she was stubborn,

Everyone had been taking a toll on the injury of Serena, and it had caused them to isolate themselves.

Emily had the help of Sam, from the guilt she felt when she didn't have any, but she blamed herself for driving off, leaving Serena alone.

Obviously, Serena would never blame her, but it couldn't be helped for Emily's thoughts. Leah had surprised her, when she comforted Emily, having told her that.

It was because of Serena, that Leah was able to speak with her cousin again despite, the whole situation that occurred with Sam.

"Em, all Serena needs right now, is for us to believe in her, so stop thinking it's your fault" Leah said as she hugged Emily, meanwhile Sam who had been peeking from the door, had smiled at the words, even if he had Emily, Leah will always be his First Love.