CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Dr Cullen, you really shouldn't do this, isn't this against protocol?" Serena asked as she was sitting in the driver's seat of the car with Carlisle and his wife Esme.

"Sometimes I can bend some rules" He answered

Esme then chuckled," I was surprised when he had called me to come over immediately and to bring some clothes, but I know how important this is for you since the boys are only going to graduate once"

Serena smiled at the married couple," Thank you so much, the both of you"

They both smiled and Carlisle spoke up," Right as soon, as the congratulations are in order, you will report back to the hospital okay?"

She quickly nodded to his words responding," Of course"

He had pulled up at the treaty-line, and stopped, as Serena recognized the car, and she grinned, at seeing it was Charlie and Sue," We would have called you father, but I think you wanted to surprise them, so I reached out to Charlie, since he was going anyways, and the good thing was that they were just about to leave their home"

When Serena heard the word 'their home' she felt her chest lighten at the thought.

Charlie and Sue had been very comfortable with each other-and most people at the Rez probably found it shameful that Sue was moving on but Serena knew it was not their business.

Harry would have wanted Sue to be happy, even if it meant falling in love again.

Serena leaned over wrapping her arms around the Cullen's surprising them, but they both returned it," Thank you so much for this, truly" She said as she got out of the car, walking past the line.

"Serena" Sue cried as she opened her arms as Serena ran into them," I thought I was dreaming when Dr Cullen had called that you woke up!" She chuckled in the hug

"I couldn't miss the graduation" Serena said softly

"It's good to see you, Serena," Charlie said as she turned to hug him as well, and she waved back to the Cullen's, as they drove off.

Charlie probably didn't understand why they couldn't take her since he was unaware of the entire Treaty, and the supernatural, but he didn't dare to ask.

"Ready to surprise everyone?" Sue asked and Serena smirked

"Oh hell yeah!" They all chuckled as she got into the car

"I'd say that you are going to be the best graduation gift every" Charlie stated, and Sue agreed

"Oh, trust me, she will be, you have no idea how everyone missed you, Serena"

"I'm most grateful to Dr. Cullen for making me go, he actually went against protocol, but well, he knew how much it would mean to me and everyone" It was something, that she had wholeheartedly was thankful for, he didn't have to do it anything for her, but he did it anyway.

She was practically a stranger to him, but Carlisle Cullen was a genuinely decent person. He was definitely not at all what Serena thought all Vampires were, like in the Legends.

The car pulled up into La Push Highschool parking lot, as Charlie dropped Sue and Serena at the entrance, so he could find parking.

"Seth saved us seats, so Charlie will meet us there," Sue said as she walked with her

"Tell me, Sue, did I miss anything big?" She asked and Sue looked to her

"Well-many things have happened, and the boys will tell you soon!"