CHAPTER TWENTY

"You really don't like her huh?" Emily asked as she stood in the kitchen, with Serena who had been grumbling to herself nonstop, since the boys went to fight with the Cullen's.

"No, and I never will, she is stringing along Jake-well not that he has his attention to her anymore, but still my brother was an idiot in the first place for pining for her" Emily looked at Serena who was aggressively scrubbing the plate in her hand, glad that she decided to revert to plastic ware.

"But what bugs me the most is that she has the audacity to tell her damn boyfriend not to join the fight??! She just put everyone in danger, with one less fighter! She is so damn selfish because Leah and the boys have a family to return back to! I get the Cullen's aren't invisible either, but no offence, they lived long enough"

"I feel bad for Charlie" Emily commented and Serena nodded

"Exactly! Charlie is a sweet man, and now he has to deal with Bella as a daughter? I'm glad he's not with her mother anymore, because she was never a good mother in the first place, and that I know for a fact"

"So, I been meaning to ask, but how are you and Paul?" Emily asked after Serena was finished with her rant about Bella.

"Things are going well," Serena said as a smile made it on her face as she told her about there mini vacation together.

The girls kept talking trying to keep their mind focused on being positive, and not think about what could possibly happen in the battle.

"That's so sweet! See even strangers see that you two are a good couple" Emily commented happily, as Serena chuckled at the way she was jumping in her seat.

"I'm starting to think everyone, is having some kind of wager on when we'll be together" Serena joked, but then Emily flinched, and it went noticed quickly by her as she cocked her eyebrow

"Why did you just- Em- No- NO! You guys really are betting on us aren't you!" Serena raised her voice as she playfully shook Emily as she let out a small laugh.

"Hey, it was Jared and Sam who started it! And it's not just you two, but the same with Aniya and Jacob" Emily stated making Serena groaned

"I should have known, those two always liked to do that, even when they weren't friends with Paul back then. But I am all for Aniya and Jake-l

"Yeah...I just hope she wakes up soon" Emily trailed off trying not to think about her currently being in her strange coma.

"Anywa- Serena was cut off when her cellphone rang, and she shot up from the couch running to her phone at the dining table and saw it was her house calling," Hey! What happe- She answered, but was cut off as her Dad was talking on the line, and she nearly dropped her phone.

"I'll be there right away!!" Serena replied quickly, as she hung up," Em, let's go, the boys are back, but Jake got really hurt, there currently at my house,"

Emily shot up from the couch, as she followed running out of her home with Serena, both females jumping into the car, as Serena drove off, instantly.

The entire ride, they were silent since they just wanted to get there safely without panicking.

Although, when driving there, someone had run out from the forest, in front of the girl's car making her step on the brake in panic, and they both paled seeing the red eyes. Serena was going to step on the gas, but the vampire had sped up ripping her car door open, pulling her out.

"Em!! Drive!!!" She yelled as Emily hesitated, but Serena looked at her," Emily Now!!" Emily hopped over to the driver seat, as she drove off, as Serena had turned to face the newborn, that had been holding her down.