CHAPTER ELEVEN

"I'm actually insane right now, tell me I'm insane, please" Serena said as she panicked turning to Rachel, who was eating her dinner, just looking at her sister like she was crazy.

"Define, insane sis, because you are defeating the entire purpose right now" Rachel commented

Serena turned to narrow her eyes," Watch it, Rach"

Rachel sighed putting her utensil down," Okay, I can only be helpful, if you tell me what you think you're insane about"

Serena lowered her hands she had running through her hair," That I'm actually considering it, that I'm willing to give this a try" She said as she put her hand on her forehead," I really hate thinking so much"

"Then stop thinking," Jacob said walking in the house, drenched from the rain," What's going on anyway?" He asked

"Well, Serena is considering the whole imprinting thing with Paul" Rachel added as she decided to finish her dinner, grateful she was not stuck with Serena alone anymore, passing the stress and worry over to Jacob.

His face turned into a scowl, as he snapped his head to Serena," You're actually joking right?" Serena didn't respond and he threw his hands in the air," He hurt you, Serena! Are you really going to just forget all the pain he put you through?!"

Serena pinched the bridge of her nose annoyed," No, Jake, I'm not forgetting it, and I never will, but Rach made a point earlier, about facing it, instead of running, because I did enough of that"

"What makes you think he won't run?" Jacob dared as he crossed his arms, receiving a glare from Rachel, giving him the look of 'you are not helping the situation right now'

"I don't know Jake, okay? I don't-but we can't just put the entire blame on Paul, because if you can all recall, I did pack up and leave. Look, if it doesn't turn out well-talking, then it's over, officially" Serena stated as she leaned on the dinner table.

"Just a few days ago you wanted to get away, then some small talk with Rachel, and you suddenly want to jump ship?" Jacob asked genuinely confused and his sister shook her head

"No, Jake, I'm not just going to jump into his arms. I'm not letting this imprinting fix my problems, but it's forcing me to face reality. I haven't been able to go on with my life, without finding myself thinking about the past that I never fixed, and I can't speak for Paul, but maybe this is a chance for us to actually speak, our true genuine thoughts"

Jacob rolled his eyes," Yeah, that's the answer" He said sarcastically," Serena, to me it looks like you are just crawling back into his arms, but I can't argue with this anymore, since imprinting is a very sacred thing, and if you really want to use that as the chance to speak to him, then so be it, but this time, this is the last chance, and you know it. As much as I hate saying this, and despite the circumstances, all I can do, as your brother, is support your decision, but don't expect me to be happy if things turn out good, because I can't forget those endless nights of your heartbreak"