CHAPTER EIGHT

Serena had sent a glare to her younger sister, knowing full well, she was set up, and she wasn't angry with her as much as she was with herself for being so moronic to think that Paul wasn't going to be there.

He was practically always by Sam and Jared's side despite them not being friends back then, but Jacob had told her they the moment he phased, he had gotten close to the pair.

Emily had dragged Serena into her home, just asking her about when she moved away, and it had calmed down Serena's anxiety of being around Paul, who she still refused to acknowledge, despite the burning stare she felt he was giving her.

Paul had been overwhelmed with guilt when Serena had suddenly arrived. The moment he saw her, all he wanted was to run over and hug her, but he had no right to since he practically ran away.

He did care about her deeply, and he did love her-no he still loves her but he was afraid of those words she said, afraid that those 'I love you's" can easily change to 'I hate you's', but considering how he left, it turned into the exact fear.

Jacob had noticed the stare Paul was giving his sister, and he had festering hate boiling through his skin, for him, knowing how heartbroken his sister was, and how she spent countless days crying and not once has he returned to try and fix it.

As much as Jacob wanted his sister to return home for good, he also had to consider the memories of how those nights of crying Serena had burned into his mind, of how much he wanted to hurt Paul for it, and he couldn't forgive him for what he had done.

The dinner, had not been as suffocating as Serena thought it was going to be, she was seated far away from Paul, and was consumed in the conversations with her siblings and the boys, that she didn't have to find herself talking to him, and that had to be one thing she absolutely loved about the Pack.

The night sky took over, and Serena found herself sitting outside for air, wanting to take a breather from the boys, since they were always full of energy, and so she slipped out without notice.

She sat on the stairs lost in thought when she felt a body of warmth fill the side of her, from the night wind, and she didn't turn her head, knowing that it was coming.

"What do you want Paul?" Serena seethed still refusing to turn to the male,

Though despite her gesture of not looking at him, he still he looked at her," Serena, we need to talk"

She grit her teeth frowning while trying her best to hold back most of her hurt and anger," You're already doing it" She spat at him bitterly.

She had to give herself credit for being able to avoid raising her voice.

He let out a sigh," I want to apologize, for what I did and- he was cut off with a scoff from Serena.

"Please Serena, you have no idea how much...no how horrible I was for doing that" Paul raised his voice slightly wanting her to turn to him, so he could properly speak to her.

"Oh Fuck off Pau- The moment she made eye contact with Paul, everything went silent, as they went into a trance, and both knew what it was.

"You got to be fucking kidding me" was all Serena could utter