Come back

Maki's point of view

"We should look around a bit," Himiko said to me. "Yeah your right, Saihara what should we do?" I asked him. He wasn't responding to me so I waved my hand in front of him and said his name. Then he said it...

"K-Kaito..." he whispered.

My face immediately looked to where he was staring and there I saw him...

Kaito Momota in a red pod sleeping.

Himiko joined our gaze as well and her face was immediately shocked.

Shuichi started running to it and I didn't even notice I was too. My feet just moved on it's own. I scanned the surrounding area for the red button.

It wasn't there.

It was in a panel that couldn't open up...

Saihara also came over to look for the button but as soon as he saw that it wasn't there, he just stood next to me zoned out. 

I thought we'd never see him again. I think we all did. There is so many things I want to say to him. To apologize and now. I may never get to say it. I could cry but Shuichi's zoned out..so I should try to get him out of there first

"Saihara hey, breath we will get him out," I told him.

But it didn't work.

All he did was stay silent, I felt kinda bad...

I mean I cared for Kaito a lot... we were all great friends but I could tell Saihara was traumatized watching him die. He did his part and didn't cry during the execution. It's a shame I failed at it. But after we talked about it, he did cry. I'm glad he did, bottling it up is never good. Kaito was the first person in a wile to stick around for him and I. He cared. He showed so much support for him. And watching die...was..awful. but that promise the two of us made after. Yeah..I'm going to keep it.

And then I heard a noise behind me.  Due to my instinct, I whipped my head around and got ready to fight, only to be met by a woman with silver hair and a dress. She looked to be 40 or 50.  She looked familiar, and then she spoke.

"Oh god..."