Kaito

{Yo get ready for the Saimota
づ。◕‿‿◕) }

Shuichi's point of view

I didn't know what to do, so I just stood in place and waited. Aoi, Makoto, and Kyoko walked and repeated what they did last time.

Makoto made his way over to the release button but waited for the rest to be prepared. Kyoko brought up a staircase from the ground using a button next to the pod again. As Aoi prepared for nothing special.  They all looked at each other and nodded and Makoto pressed down onto the Escape button and...

*PHOOM* *CLANG*

Kaito landed safely on the stairs

"H-hey guys what's going on?". It didn't take long for Aoi to speak up, "Hey there! Are you ok? Here, let me help you down from there!" She proceeds to take his hand and bring him down from the top of the stairs to the bottom. As soon as his foot hit the ground he was greeted by a tight hug from Himiko.

"Nyehhhhhhhh, you're ok!!" was all I could clearly make out from her. She let go of him and a tear escaped her eye and she smiled at him. Kiibo waved at him and smiled brightly with his watery eyes.

He glanced over to Maki

She was already crying hard...

She ran to him and hugged him tightly. "Hehe, glad to see you missed me Makiroll," Kaito said to her with a smile. "shut up." at him before letting go of him. She smiled at him between tears. "God where do I even start to apologize" "what would you be apologizing for?" "So many things" she started whispering to him for a few minutes and he only responded with nods "H-hey you know, I think I know someone who missed you more than me," she said to him and moved out of the way so I was in clear view...

After Kaito died I didn't think I had any tears left to cry but

I was wrong

"H-hey, sidekick," Kaito said and lifted his hands for a hug.

I ran towards him as fast as my feet could take me... And leaped into his arms. At this point all I could do was sob. I couldn't even talk if I could think of anything to say.

I looked up from his shoulder and into his eyes. I closed the gap between us. The kiss was sweet and wasn't even that long...but it was more than enough contact. "I missed you," he whispered in my ear. I wanted to respond, but when I tried to say something, all I could do was choke up another sob.

I guess Maki was right. I shouldn't have worried about it. Because my heart did the thing for me. I missed him so much. And I'm glad I get to be by his side again.