Chapter 38| Quidditch

This chapter is dedicated to sparklestar25

Previously on Welcome Back

The final teams were:

Team A:

Harry- seeker

Sirius- chaser

Ron- keeper

Fred- beater

Team B:

James- seeker

Ginny- chaser

Remus- keeper

George- beater

They all separated themselves into their respective teams and began planning their strategies.

—————————————————————————————————————

When they were all ready they all got to their brooms. James and Sirius found a few spare brooms inside Grimmauld Place which they gave to the ones who didn't have brooms.

After the brooms were sorted they dragged Lily out of the house to referee the match who in turn got Hermione out to keep her company.

After the referee was sorted they started the game.

The game started with Sirius who took the quaffle as soon as it was thrown up.

Sirius then flew to the other side of the court and dodged a bludger which George had hit his way. Sirius threw the Quaffle into the left hoop and he scored earring his team 10 points. Sirius then did flew in a circle across the court to celebrate.

While that was happening Ginny took the quaffle from Remus and tore down to the other side of the court where she shot the ball into the middle hoop but Ron stopped the ball. Ron threw it over to Sirius but Ginny intercepted it and threw it again in the middle hope when she scored this time earning her team 10 points.

While all of this was happening James and Harry were scouting around for the snitch. James and Harry had both seen it at the same time and James would have gotten to it first if he hadn't had to dodge a bludger that Fred had thrown his way. Harry quickly dove down onto the ground and he would have gotten the snitch if it hadn't quickly changed its course. Harry had to do some tricky flying then to get himself back in the air instead of crashing into the ground.

After that James had gone into a steep dive twice to fool Harry but Harry having seen what it looks like before didn't fall for it.

Harry sighed and then sought higher ground to look for the snitch. He had been sitting on his room for 2 minutes when he saw the snitch right behind his dad. Not wanting to alert his dad he swiftly flew over to him and pretended to dive down in front of James' eyes. James who though Harry had found the snitch dived down as well. As soon as Harry thought his dad was following him, he dove up and shot towards the snitch, catching it, and getting his team 150 points which resulted in them winning.

The final score was 220-100 in Team A's favor. Ginny and Sirius were really good chasers but Ron and Remus were really good keepers too. At the end of the game, they all headed inside to grab a quick snack. Lily who knew that they would be hungry prepared some sandwiches for all of them. Everyone ate while discussing the match they played today.

"So, they weren't kidding when they said you were an amazing seeker," James said to his son.

"Wait until you come to a match at Hogwarts, Oliver used to be nuts about Quidditch, gave us a really long speech whenever we played," Fred told James

"What is the difference between Harry playing now, and in school?" James asked

"Well, today wasn't his best." George told James truthfully "But I think that is because of his health right now. He still hasn't fully recovered as we can see. In school, there is a proper team so its more intense, but Harry usually plays like a pro"

Harry blushed at the compliment and James nodded knowing that his son wasn't putting in his full effort today since he still had a few injuries on him. James decided that he would come to see one of the school matches during Harry's time at school to see how Harry actually played seeing that he would be fully recovered by that time.

"Harry, who do you think will be Quidditch captain this year?" Ron asked Harry

"I don't know, probably Angelina," Harry answered

"Do you think that I would have a chance as keeper?" Ron nervously asked Harry

"I think you would be a great keeper if you don't let your nerves come in the way," Harry told Ron truthfully and everyone else agreed.

They spent the rest of the afternoon talking about Quidditch, whether it be telling stories or listing injuries. They also stated their opinions on different rules on Quidditch

"What are your teams?" James asked all of them

"Puddlemere United" Harry answered who had researched many different teams and ended up liking them the most.

"I used to support them too," James said "I'll look at some of their games and decided if I still am"

"Chudley Cannons" Ron said

"But they stink" Sirius exclaimed

Sirius and Ron spent a few minutes arguing about teams before James broke them up and told everyone to continue saying their teams.

"Holyhead Harpies" Ginny stated and Lily agreed with her as well as Hermione

"Appleby Arrows" Fred and George said at the same time.

The rest of the afternoon was then spent talking about their teams and matches.

After a while, it was time for dinner and Lily had prepared lasagna for everyone

"How do you make this so fast?" James asked in wonder while Lily just smirked. After eating they talked about James, Sirius, Lily, and Remus' time at Hogwarts to which long stories were told.

All in all, everyone felt like it was a good day.

a/n: hey guys, I don't have much time to talk to u so I'm just gonna say thanks for reading and I hope u enjoyed. Next chapter is Sirius' trial

also: I will be traveling now so updates will be less frequent, maybe once a week or so. Thank you for understanding

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
LOVE U GUYS