Chapter 39| A Sirius Trial Part 1

This chapter is dedicated to Potter-Gryffindor for their excitement about this chapter

Previously on Welcome Back

The rest of the afternoon was then spent talking about their teams and matches.

After a while, it was time for dinner and Lily had prepared lasagna for everyone

"How do you make this so fast?" James asked in wonder while Lily just smirked. After eating they talked about James, Sirius, Lily, and Remus' time at Hogwarts to which long stories were told.

All in all, everyone felt like it was a good day.

—————————————————————————————————————

The next few days went by so quickly. They were all spent preparing Sirius for his trial. From what questions Sirius could be asked to what he should wear to the trial. Everything was prepared for 2 days before the trial. The trial was set for 3:00 pm in the afternoon of a Saturday.

On Saturday everyone was awake super early, even Sirius. Sirius was so nervous for the trial that he kept shaking all morning.

"Sirius chill, everything is going to be fine" Harry comforted him after Sirius had dropped another mug from his hands shaking so much.

"What if it doesn't Harry, what if they find me guilty?" Sirius asked tears forming in his eyes.

James and Remus saw what was going on and walked over to Sirius

"Mate, they are not, how can they?" Remus assured him

"What if they do?" Sirius asked with a tear falling from his eye

James and Harry both hugged Sirius and Harry said "they won't, but if they do. Remus will be standing outside of the court ready to break you out"

Sirius chuckled and said "Remus is useless right. Can't even testify for me"

Remus shook his head in mock disapproval and said "Sod off, I'm going to be busy throwing you a surprise party with the kids.

Sirius grinned and said, "Yea right."

Remus just rolled his eyes and hugged Sirius. After two minutes of staying like this, they saw Lily with a camera in her hands.

"Come here you," Sirius said shaking his head.

Lily walked over and gave Sirius a hug.
"You too guys!" Sirius yelled knowing that the kids were probably listening in.

All of the Weasleys and Hermione ran into the kitchen and joined in on the group hug while Lily's camera remained mid-air snapping pictures. After a couple of minutes, Lily broke the hug saying that they should have some breakfast.

For breakfast, Lily had made coffee with French toast for everyone. After breakfast, Harry helped his mother wash the dishes. The hours went by really quickly. Soon enough it was 1:45 pm and Lily sent all the people who were leaving, upstairs to shower and change.

Sirius came out after five minutes wearing a black suit and tie and James went in after. There were a total of 3 bathrooms in the house that were deemed safe so some people had to wait in line to shower.

After an hour everyone was ready and dressed. Lily was wearing a formal marronish dress. Hermione was wearing a white shirt with a black coat and skirt. James was wearing a white shirt with black jeans, and Harry was wearing a black shirt with blue jeans.

After complimenting each other they all got into a ministry approved car that Kingsley provided for them to get to the court.

The car ride passed in silence. When they got to the ministry they were met by Kingsley after their wands were checked. Kingsley escorted them to courtroom number 7, He took Sirius through another door but urged all the witnesses to go through the first door. Everyone complied but they all noticed the flash of terror that came on Sirius' face.