VII: Start

Camelia's PoV

Focus.

I stretch out my arms and reach my mind into the deepest depths of the lake, feeling the water all around me. It fluctuates at the surface, slides away from swimming creatures and pools around inanimate objects.

Let's see...what fish would I like to have today?

From behind, the water parts rapidly yet silently.

Guess it'll be you today!

A water whip appears in my grasp as I spin around, flicking it towards the large fish stupid enough to approach me. The sudden force surprises it and it slows. I grin, taking the opportunity to will the water to send me upwards slightly and for the water whip to curl around the large fish's neck. As expected, it freaks and starts dashing about in the lake, trying to get me off. 

Too late to escape!

With practiced grace and strength, I pull out a dagger made from a boar's tusk and drive the point into the fish's gills. It struggles, flailing even wilder but I held onto the water whip and the dagger as the creature plunges towards the bottom of the lake. The weight of the water around me grows heavier and heavier.

I tighten my grip on the dagger, pouring Arcane into it.

Come on, work, please work!

The dagger glows silver, then a chilly blue.

In the next moment, the entire fish freezes over, just how I imagined it to be, and starts floating towards the surface. I pump a fist in the water-air at the success, still not letting go of the dagger to pour Arcane into it. With a wave of my other free hand, the water propels the fishberg and me up.

"Haha!" I cheer the moment I broke the surface, jumping on the platform. "It worked! Hell yes! Now I can start freezing stuff! Hah! Wait I should write that down first..."

I brought out the book and pen Genesis gave me years ago to start jotting down notes. Thank goodness it's waterproof, and burn proof, and all around indestructible or I would have been doomed. My so called 'photographic memory' has limits, especially when my brain is so small so I need something physical to put down everything. Alrighty, where's the enchantments section again? Right, page 1039:

Discovered Enchantment Symbols:

Fire Creating: 火 (Doesn't need alot of Arcane. Useful.)

Water Creating: 水 (Doesn't need alot of Arcane. Water produced is clean!)

Ice Creating: 氷 (Takes more Arcane than water. Don't mix it up with Water symbol. Ice cube produced is good for making iced juice)

Stone Creating: 石 (The more Arcane poured in, the larger the stone piece. Good for construction. Takes a very long time though.)

Lightning/Thunder Creating: 雷 (Warning: Do not put too much Arcane in, very loud. Will give heart attack if not prepared for it.)

Plants: 植 (Control plants. Depends on amount of Arcane put in. Can speed up plant growth. Requires seeds to grow plants, but they aren't delicious. Actual farmed produce is better.)

Darkness: 暗 (Takes a very long time to charge. Creates an area of total darkness. Meh.)

Light: 光: (Just makes stuff glow. Yay?)

Freezing: 凍 (I CAN FINALLY STORE FOOD!! YES!! NO MORE DRIED JERKY!!)

After I finished scribbling down my findings, I shut the book, clipping the pen to the cover before hanging it back on the vine cord around my waist. In a spectacularly good mood, I lie down on my mostly bare back, the ice's chill spreading over my skin. Ahh, perfect for a hot day. If only I could make some shades, I should probably find an enchantment for that too since I spend so much time in the sun.