XIX: Companion Pt. 2

(Warning: A lot of negative thoughts)

--

Camellia's POV

I really have to stop jinxing myself.

Lying on the prickly wooden floor of the cell, I heaved a loud sigh. This is it. I'm fucked. Dead. All because of a stupid golden pin I didn't keep well. Fuck me.

Just when I was planning to go to the dining hall, two men claiming to be inspectors appeared at my doorstep. I needed to show an identity tablet to prove my identity, which I don't have for obvious reasons. I knew that such a thing was needed to get pass customs and onto the island that Arraxus Magic Academy, but the golden pin could cover for me. I figured that would be all I need.

It was, but not if I frickin' lost it.

I must have dropped it when I was running for my life. Who would notice they dropped something when they're about to shot dead?

"Fuck this." I shot up, and kicked out at a random bucket. It was sent flying, crashing into the ship's wall. Now, because I was deemed a stowaway that wasn't supposed to be here, I'm going to be sent back to the mainland capital's prison. Which is definitely under Queen Agathys' jurisdiction. Great. Just fucking great. She's going to kill me for sure.

Stupid custom inspection, what the hell is the point in it? Didn't you already check the identities of the students at the docks already? Why the fuck did you have to check a second time on the ship? As if anything could have gotten on the ship but students under such a strict guarding system...

Just looking at the state of the cell was enough to know that it wasn't inhabited by people that often. Some moss off to the side, half-packed with cleaning supplies and random sacks filled with stuff...granted the Academy's ship probably isn't used that often but still. I must be the first stowaway they found in a long time. Even the inspectors didn't quite know how to react when I was unable to produce an item of identification- I can still remember how they looked each other for a long time, wondering what to do, before deciding to put me in an isolation cell of sorts. Actually, it's more of a storage closet.

They tied my hands though, which is kinda stupid. Where the heck can I go even if I escape? Jump into the ocean?

...perhaps. Since I have an Affinity with water, I won't drown.

Hmm....

Hmm...

Yeah no, I would be eaten alive by sharks or some other mythical underwater predators.

What would be a better death though? Being ripped apart by animals or whatever Queen Agathys could think of?

I lie back down on the floor, looking outside and beyond the dark cell. The only source of light was out there, a dim torch that gave off a smoky smell as soot from it stained the wall it was hung on. Yeah, that torch probably hasn't been used in a long while.

With nowhere to go, I guess I should just accept my fate.

I tried, I really tried. Exhausting my acting skills, pushing on with frayed nerves all this time, my adrenaline has finally worn out. Ever since I stepped out of the springs, I have been nothing but nervous. Just when I thought everything would be fine, I was going to be dragged back to square one...

How infuriating.

Frickin Genesis. Does he really need my help? Making stuff so hard for me, can't he control the inhabitants a bit? First is the bandits, then the Queen's mercenaries, then the bunch of arrows...it's like he doesn't want me to get to the Academy.