XIV: Arrax

Lillian's POV

"Wah!"

I jolted out of my trance at the yelp, my head snapping around to see my companion rub the side of her head. She must have bumped her head on the crate she was leaning on. I chuckle. Serves her right, dozing off on a cart when the road is rough and rocky. I even warned her.

She glares daggers at me. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, Miss." I wave a hand at her. She cracks her neck, which was most definitely stiff from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position, before returning crossing her arm over her chest, sulking. What a kid. "Hey, Mister Julian says that we are reaching soon." I brought out a brown paper bag from my slingbag. "Here, breakfast."

"Hmph." She snatched the paper bag out of my hands to see what's inside. How rude, not even a thank you. I watch as she took one cream-covered scone out, nibbled it slightly before her nose scrunches slightly, the edges of her lips turning down into a frown. She doesn't like it.

As I thought.

"You want the other one?" She takes the other untouched one out and holds it out to me. I tilt my head slightly. "It's too sweet." She explained. "Plus, you like this sort of stuff right?"

She noticed? I reached out a hand, then stop, looking carefully at her. "You sure? You haven't eaten much the past few days either, aren't you hungry?"

"I'd rather that than get a headache from all the sweetness." She pushed the bread into my hands. "I'll live."

So she gets a headache from eating stuff that are too sweet...

"Ok then."

The two of us eat in silence.

Which doesn't bother me at all, even though it normally would.

It is just her way, I know that now. She's rude and stoic, but after the entire rain and fever fiasco that happened, I know there is more to the seemingly haughty black haired Miss.

I had hoped that she would warm up to me more though....most people do, but she's not most people. If she even bothers to talk to you, that's a win. She didn't even say a single world to Mister Julian the whole journey except to complain.

The cart soon rolls to a stop and from the loud and bustling commotion I hear, I can tell we have reached our destination.

"Finally here, huh?"

The Capital City of Arraxus, Arrax

(Yes, I know they are all shark people in the picture. Just imagine they are normal humans instead.)

XX

Camelia's POV

Travelling with the Heroine was...quite a strange experience.